General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevejh
(learned) Mon 30-Aug-10 20:17:01
Print Post

FTTP availability in MK

[link to this post]

Hi all,

As the FTTP trial in Milton Keynes forum that I started in Feb has got too long and fragmented I thought I would start a new thread.

Just to let you know that today the BT Wholesale availabilty checker showed that I can now get FTTP based on my number in Kents Hill. So for all of you that live on this estate, we have apparently been switched on at the exchange!

On another note, Plusnet responded to my enquiry on 9th Aug saying that they weren't running the trial in this area at the moment. They wasn't running trails at Walnut Tree until the switch on date but still took on trailists before then ready for that day?

Anyone got any reports that's on the trial or about to yet?

Stevejh
Standard User einsteinradio
(learned) Tue 31-Aug-10 15:20:01
Print Post

Re: FTTP availability in MK

[re: stevejh] [link to this post]

Nice to see a new thread on this.

No news about Broughton Gate, have seen that houses are going up on Brooklands (next to the M1), wondering if they'll have Fibre put in as standard?

Keep checking the ADSL wholesale site...

Paul
Broughton Chase
Standard User wingit
(newbie) Tue 31-Aug-10 16:05:39
Print Post

[re: einsteinradio] [link to this post]

Nothing much to report from Walnut Tree.
I think all the cabling is in place and was told that the exchange needed "sorting" and until that is complete nothing will happen.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Alexvs
(newbie) Tue 31-Aug-10 21:37:36
Print Post

I've just checked my phone number and it's still saying I'm only ADSL ready and not FTTP so doesn't look like all of Kents Hill is on yet. I've been checking with Zen and Andrews & Arnold and they've both said that my postcode area (MK7 6D*) should be enabled within a few weeks as they're now receiving weekly updated from BT Openreach with release dates and the CAB I'm on (109) is still down as "too be enabled". Over at Plusnet forums they've said postcodes starting MK7 7H should've gone live last week and MK7 6H should go live this week so it's getting closer. Plusnet are definitely doing it in Kents Hill so keep on at them. Who are you with at the moment and who do you think you'll be going with as I can't decide who to change to as I'm with Sky.
Standard User Alexvs
(newbie) Wed 01-Sep-10 23:08:27
Print Post

[re: Alexvs] [link to this post]

An update, as today my phonenumber has been enabled as FTTP enabled, woop. Now all I have to do is sort out this [censored] Sky who can't issue me a MAC code because their systems are rubbish.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 04-Sep-10 08:29:00
Print Post

Do I get the prize for the slowest 'Broadband' speed in MK - its always slow but this morning its hot an all time low of 8 kbps according to the broadband speed test - truly shocking. FTTP cant come soon enough.

I'm in Middleton by the way which seems to be some sort of communications black hole as we also struggle with mobile phone signals and TV reception!!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 05-Sep-10 10:58:59
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Do I get the prize for the slowest 'Broadband' speed in MK - its always slow but this morning its hot an all time low of 8 kbps according to the broadband speed test - truly shocking. FTTP cant come soon enough.

I'm in Middleton by the way which seems to be some sort of communications black hole as we also struggle with mobile phone signals and TV reception!!

whats you modem sync speed and SNR attenuation like?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Sep-10 00:05:45
Print Post

whats you modem sync speed and SNR attenuation like?

Sorry but I have no idea what that even means! Bit of a technophobe here lol
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Sep-10 01:15:50
Print Post

houston we have a problem !!
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Sep-10 14:07:56
Print Post

Hi,
If it helps we have just finalised the last information and can now declare that we are part of the FTTP trial and are ready to accept applications for customers to be part of the trial.
The information I have had come back to me is that the trial is free until the end of Dec, then it will either be extended or will become chargeable and on contract. If any trialists did not want to continue there would be no exit fee and no liability.
As the service is a trial and does not have any bearing on phone line (unlike ADSL) then you would be advised to keep any current broadband service as is (or of course you could migrate it to us grin)

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to