General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Paul_H
(newbie) Sun 26-Sep-10 00:51:54
Print Post

What happened to Wokingham (THWM)?

[link to this post]

Wokingham exchange (THWM) is part of the Phase 4 implementation and had an original estimated go live date of June 2010.

I know a number of cabs have been upgraded around the town including mine. An Openreach engineer has confirmed that my cab is ready to go. I also realise that this is no use unless the exchange is also done.

However in the Openreach update in May there were doubts about 7 Exchanges meeting the 30 June date, one of which was Wokingham. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/news/productbriefing...

In July the Openreach update it confirmed that all 7 were all due for delivery in Q2 2010, so by 30 September. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/news/productbriefing...

Openreach have just updated the Where and When list (http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/products/nga/downloads/fttc_pot_exchs.pdf)and 5 of those 7 exchanges are taking CP orders with Crowthorne still down as September.

But Wokingham now has an Estimated Date of December 2010. Anybody know what is going on with this exchange? Or why it has been put back again? Remember the original date was June.

As I am 4.7km from the exchange with an estimated line lenght of 8.8km, all I can get is 1.8Mbps on Sky LLU so FTTC would be a huge speed boost for me.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Sep-10 20:30:14
Print Post

Re: What happened to Wokingham (THWM)?

[re: Paul_H] [link to this post]

Had heard the problem was with the 'head end' in the exchange.

Standard User Paul_H
(newbie) Sun 26-Sep-10 21:55:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks Zarjaz

If it is a problem holding it up will Openreach stick to the new December date or start taking CP orders when the problem is fixed?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bookey
(experienced) Sun 26-Sep-10 22:01:08
Print Post

IIRC if the headend issue is resolved and 10 or more FTTC cabs are ready for service the exchange area will be listed as 'Accepting CP orders'

Paul
Standard User Paul_H
(newbie) Sun 26-Sep-10 23:22:17
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

So is there anyway to find out what the problem is and what the expected resolution date will be?
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Mon 27-Sep-10 09:22:30
Print Post

The problem is assumed to be with the headend (bit of kit in the exchange that all the FTTC cabs connect in to).
Expected fix time - don't know I am afraid, you could knock on the exchange door?

Paul
Standard User Paul_H
(newbie) Mon 04-Oct-10 00:00:04
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

I have just been reading through NGA029/10 GEA-FTTC and FTTP roll-out update - September 2010 published on 30th September.

In it it states that "Crowthorne, and Wokingham are now all due for delivery by the end of Q3 2010/11", forgive me for being dumb but isn't the end of Q3 the 31st September or do Openreach work to different annual quarters?

The latest Exchange Rollout documents have Wokingham's service date as December 2010, which to me is the end of Q4.

If anyone knows what the hold up is and when it is likely to be resolved then please let me know.

Paul
Standard User kinnaird16
(newbie) Mon 04-Oct-10 00:56:35
Print Post

There is only 30 days in September.
Standard User somerset
(committed) Mon 04-Oct-10 07:51:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Paul_H:
I have just been reading through NGA029/10 GEA-FTTC and FTTP roll-out update - September 2010 published on 30th September.

In it it states that "Crowthorne, and Wokingham are now all due for delivery by the end of Q3 2010/11", forgive me for being dumb but isn't the end of Q3 the 31st September or do Openreach work to different annual quarters?

The latest Exchange Rollout documents have Wokingham's service date as December 2010, which to me is the end of Q4.

If anyone knows what the hold up is and when it is likely to be resolved then please let me know.

Paul

End of Q3 is 31 December. 2010/11 year starts 1 April 2010.
Standard User Suspishio
(newbie) Sun 02-Jan-11 00:15:39
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

Certainly has been delivered in Winnersh as I was installed 20-Dec.

Suspishio

My advice is at your risk.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to