General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User manorman
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 15:22:58
Print Post

BB download usage

[link to this post]

Can someone help PLEASE PLEASE, My ISP give me access to a graph which shows my BB download usage on a daily basis, (which can take up to 3 days to update), and a total for each month, question how can my ISP record downloads on days that my router and PC are not switched on, so far this month (March) my ISP are showing me as downloading over 13Gb, am still waiting for Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th March to be updated, these 2 days router was unplugged from line box, any help would be great, am not getting very much information from my ISP. ISP have said they tested my line and there are no faults.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Mar-11 15:25:08
Print Post

Re: BB download usage

[re: manorman] [link to this post]

Which ISP?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User wirelesspacman
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-11 16:55:20
Print Post

Sounds to me as though they have got someone else's login tagged to your usage

Peter

Loop Scorpio Ltd
Ledbury; Highnam; Newent; Painswick; Arlingham
=======================

Symmetric Pro
Now also offering 20 Mbps symmetric broadband!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User manorman
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 19:15:37
Print Post

[re: wirelesspacman] [link to this post]

Hi wirelesspacman, am I correct to think this would be an exchange fault, is there any way that I can change these login details, after posting my message phoned my ISP help line , was pushed from one person to another (4 in total) none of them had any real advice or answer, was on phone about 45 min, good job it was a freephone help line number. Will get back to them again when I have more information, they said I was on line at 5.25 Sunday morning, would have still been in bed, any more suggestions would be good, thank you for your reply.
Standard User manorman
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-11 19:23:33
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hi Batboy, did not want to identify ISP, did not want to give them any bad publicity if it is not their fault and just a fault in the equipment, unless you have more information???
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Mar-11 19:34:50
Print Post

The idea of a forum is to ask other users for their experiences. If you don't say who your ISP is, how is anyone going to give their experience of your ISP?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User ggremlin
(member) Mon 21-Mar-11 21:15:04
Print Post

knowing which isp would help because isp's authenticate users in different ways.

additionally, can you do a speed test on this site, and verify that the isp detected by that; is correct.
  Print Thread

Jump to