General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JamieDanjoux
(learned) Mon 04-Mar-13 20:11:31
Print Post

Use BTHH3 on Virgin Media National BB

[link to this post]

I am posting this on behalf of my friend.

He wants to use a BT homehub 3 type A on Virgin media's ADSL service AKA national service. THe router supplied by Virgin plays up very regularly and is sick of it! He enjoyed his BT hub and gave him fast speeds of up to 6mbits and the Virgin media netgear hub gives to 3mbits. The BTW speed check shows a profile of 8mbits and can only achieve 3mbits so we know BT hub will have an impact. After scouring the virgin site the user name will be (theusername)@adsl.virgin.net and password would be the myvirginmedia password. He wasn't sure if it will work on Virgin. He originally got it off his friend and he was with talktalk ADSL and Fibre and it worked for him as well so should be no probs.

Anyone advise?

Jamie

Posting on behalf of Mick

I am with Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband! My speeds are 60mbits+ and Upload is 15mbits+
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Mar-13 20:32:37
Print Post

Re: Use BTHH3 on Virgin Media National BB

[re: JamieDanjoux] [link to this post]

Yes it will work, if this an ADSL based service.

He enjoyed his BT hub and gave him fast speeds of up to 6mbits and the Virgin media netgear hub gives to 3mbits.

I'm presuming that the change was based on a switch of service provider. If so, Virgin's ADSL based service has a bad reputation for poor through put speeds, so a switch of router may not be the answer.

(p.s. This is the wrong forum section for this question. BTW.)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 05-Mar-13 14:34:53
Print Post

Re: Use BTHH3 on Virgin Media National BB

[re: JamieDanjoux] [link to this post]

I believe that the Homehub will not allow you to put in the @adsl.vigin.net password and save it (corrections welcome).

I have used a Home Hub on a TalkTalk LLU line where it worked despite having a BT username in the settings ie TT didn't validate them on connection.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to