I'm looking for some advice on satellite broadband. I've just about reached the end of my patience with the slow/no broadband over my landline so I hope to ditch BT and my landline completely and use that saving towards the cost of satellite. (see my thread here for details of current issues.
I have one absolute requirement, and a few others that would be nice but I don't really expect to get all of them.
1) Service supplier must operate in Scotland, in North Perthshire (postcode area PH18).
2) I currently get TV through an old Sky dish using a Freesat+ box and an old Sky box (free to air programming). If possible I would like to replace this dish with the broadband dish so that I only have one eyesore on the house.
3) Because the house is up for sale (but unlikely to sell before next spring, and quite possibly later) I'd prefer to have a system that either has no upfront costs (possibly renting the equipment) or as low as possible. It's very likely that when I do eventually move it will be to an area with many more options for broadband.
4) Again because of the impending move I'd like a service that either has no contract, allows the contract to be terminated early, or is as short as possible.
5) Because my current speed is under 0.5 Mbps, and often lower still, I can live with both the inherent signal delay and download/upload speeds that many people would not be happy with, and I probably don't need a huge transfer limit (currently 10GB, which I never go over, although I might well use more on a faster connection).
Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received.
Edited by AndyGr (Tue 12-Nov-13 09:00:45)