General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 16-Nov-15 13:06:52
Print Post

Re: Leased line to my house IG3 area

[re: bob_cat] [link to this post]

Not a model that always seems to come through though... I've read before where people have got people ready to join and been told "nah"

I spoke to another company who does similar to Hyperopic and ahem network running by me, they said even If I got the whole street to agree to move to there service they wouldn't do it.

They said they where only interested in doing it for apartment blocks or London!
Standard User bob_cat
(newbie) Mon 16-Nov-15 14:12:07
Print Post

Re: Leased line to my house IG3 area

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Indeed,

I nearly got them to wire up our office building, which had more than a dozen companies over 11 floors, but the problem was that I couldn't get every company to commit because they all had different contract termination terms on their existing circuits. A real shame because we could have all shared a vastly improved speed.

For the O/P I would suggest doing some link bonding with VDSL, I think A&A do it (at least they did for ADSL), Easynet do it (called Etherstream V) and I seem to recall Gradwell doing it but I can't find it on their website. In theory you might not even need the ISP to be involved if you do your own line bonding, but that gets complex and you need a hosted server as well.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to