General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bungie247
(newbie) Wed 11-May-16 22:33:43
Print Post

delay with BT FTTP installation

[link to this post]

Hi peeps, I just wondered if anyone else has had a long delay from having their FTTP hooked up by BT? Within 8 days of my noticing my cabinet was taking orders the engineers had blown the fibre and installed the wall box. I was given the install date for the internal wiring (and don't laugh) as 1st April. Long and short is that I am still waiting, with the latest promise of the 23rd May for the install. Apparently there was a kink in the outside wiring causing an issue and the "special" engineer required to troubleshoot this type of problem are apparently as rare and hens teeth. Is this an average time delay for this type of work? Do you think if I complain loudly I may get a month free or something? Please tell me your thoughts.

Bubble
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 12-May-16 10:44:06
Print Post

Re: delay with BT FTTP installation

[re: Bungie247] [link to this post]

Alas not too many engineers working on this and sometimes they are nicked to go work in other areas to firefight and hit delivery targets, leaving some people waiting.

Compensation is all down to the retailer.

A kink in a fibre (particularly blown variety) can mean that its basically useless and needs removing and reblowing and splicing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Bungie247
(newbie) Sun 22-May-16 19:02:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Guess what, got a text from them, possible install date now 31st May [censored]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User palmerhunt
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-16 12:03:34
Print Post

Yes even a small kink in the fiber can render it use less.
Standard User palmerhunt
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-16 12:05:47
Print Post

Re: delay with BT FTTP installation *DELETED*

Post deleted by palmerhunt
  Print Thread

Jump to