General Discussion
  >> Other Broadband Technologies

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jun-18 09:03:11
Print Post

Re: Current Satellite Broadband Supplier Recommendations

[re: broadbandFlash] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadbandFlash:
Hi Michael,

The DSL checker says yes, but its not physically connected, and no other properties around it are allowed to order it. I am informed that the only way to know for sure is to order it and have it activated. To have no internet there would be a bit of a disaster as I work from home, and its a remote area with no other options.

According to the DSL checker its either theoretically got up to 300mbps FTTP, or a disasterous <1mb adsl.

One experienced person has said that even with the checker saying FTTP can be ordered, there is still a 10% chance it won't be able to be connected when they attempt to fit it.

Well if you can get 300 Gfast in remote wales then WHY can't I get it in f'ing Newport!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Jun-18 09:39:42
Print Post

Re: Current Satellite Broadband Supplier Recommendations

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

If someone is charging several grand for setting up satellite equipment they are over charging.

Also on the grants...two schemes

ABC
------
£400 if you upgrade to a 10 or 20 Mbps service
£800 if you upgrade to a 30 Mbps or faster

Ultrafast Connection Voucher
----------------------------------------
Potentially up to £10,000
At least 100 Mbps download and at least 30 Mbps upload - which rules out standard satellite connectivity

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to