User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Moony1234
(learned) Tue 19-Oct-10 09:14:20
Print Post

Seethelight?

[link to this post]

Morning,

Anyone got any experience with Seethelight?

They provide FTTP services to new housing developments. Speeds are 200mbit down and 40mbit up on the top tier package, unlimited and no traffic management etc.

Just wondering if anyone has used them/is using them?

Thanks,

Aaron
Standard User white43
(member) Fri 22-Oct-10 11:42:03
Print Post

Re: Seethelight?

[re: Moony1234] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Moony1234:
They provide FTTP services to new housing developments. Speeds are 200mbit down and 40mbit up on the top tier package, unlimited and no traffic management etc.

Hmmm. Not very fast. wink

-----
Virgin ADSL > F2S > Enta/ADSL24 > O-Bit/Vivaciti > AAISP > Sky Unlimited
D-Link DSL 2640S

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/979136501.png[/IMG]
Standard User Moony1234
(learned) Mon 25-Oct-10 08:41:24
Print Post

[re: white43] [link to this post]

Eh?

It is mbit and not mbyte...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Moony1234
(learned) Mon 25-Oct-10 08:41:52
Print Post

Ah sorry mbit is old school I guess the new talk is "Mbps"?
Standard User Sark
(legend) Mon 25-Oct-10 08:45:02
Print Post

I dare say Mbit would do. smile

John.
----------------------------------------- Support the campaign for fairer votes! ---
* Labour? * Tory? * Lib Dem? * Green? * Official Yes Campaign * Take Back Parliament *
Standard User Moony1234
(learned) Mon 25-Oct-10 09:39:43
Print Post

[re: Sark] [link to this post]

Either way, shame no one has heard of them... Also they don't seem to reply to emails...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 25-Oct-10 10:51:39
Print Post

Lack of info on where its available

http://www.wichelstowe.co.uk/websitefiles/EAST%20WIC...

Indicates East Wichel is one area

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vallee
(newbie) Mon 01-Nov-10 19:43:26
Print Post

Have been with seethelight since August this year and have had nothing but problems with both their telephone service and broadband. To be fair their customer service has been great but they don't seem to be able resolve the problems. Phone seems to be ok now but broadband service is either VERY slow or no connection at all. When tackled about this they suggested it was my laptop and/or I should buy a new wireless router and their's may not be powerful enough. They also suggested that I employ an electrician to provide extra cable so that I could have a wired connection instead of wireless. This is progress!!
Standard User Moony1234
(learned) Mon 01-Nov-10 20:07:44
Print Post

[re: vallee] [link to this post]

ouch... where do you live? do you get good speeds if you are wired in to the router?
Standard User aquablue
(newbie) Tue 23-Nov-10 15:42:19
Print Post

Hi, I found your question on this forum due to the fact I was looking for an insight into was anyone else having repeated issues with the 'seethelight' service provider?. I understand that you mostly get to see only the negative side of a personal experience, when things go wrong experience with a provider - and yes for us things had been wrong from the start.
What they had not warned (and you could see why they wouldn't)! is that they have been having issues for months with their telephone service and after going through all the possibilities of it being our laptops (even though our specs are more than adequate) our house's wiring, our phones themselves....and having all their equipement being changed in the house (ONT and associated boxes) in less than 1 month after connection and the optical wire in the street that ran to the house being replaced......still we have the same issues. Our house is a new build that sat empty for 18 months prior to purchase.
I'm not sure what other customers issues are but ours were call drop off at any given point in a conversation, dialling a number only to find it would not connect, people dialling in to our house to find they could not connect a high pitched squeal whilst talking on the phone. In essence an unreliable service. I understand that it is a nation wide issue they are aware but despite being assured they will fix this and some software upgrades to our ONT carried out remotely by themselves our confidence has taken a hammering! Tech our very nice to talk to as are customer services and tech will call you back to keep you in the loop - but the same cannot be said of customer services. Whilst being polite and apologetic on the phone they never return your phone calls never respond to emails and even though being told to request compensation for a poor service which they themselves acknowledge verbally they do not follow up a resolution. We were told they had upgraded our broadband service yesterday (22/10) to 50 meg, our request. I spoke with tech today to have them confirm we had indeed been upgraded and should be expecting to recieve their 50 meg service, and yes we had and appeared on their system as receiving this speed......only for us to inform them that what we actually received was a max of 10.7 meg (multiple tests from different sources) well that's par for the course!
So to all those who have found their way to my response and have read this far,
Please check when signing up to 'seethelight' what issues they are currently experiencing so you are not in for any nasty surprises. We had to go withem as it is a new housing estate, a new village in Northants Little Stanion and there are No other providers for phone & broadband so we are stuck with them. Our mobile broadband doesn't work on 3g here either and we have 2 son's at university who need a good service when at home.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to