User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TiMeTraVeLeR
(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:05:42
Print Post

Bt problem (fixed)

[link to this post]

Hi this is my problem

My line is 45db and holds at 6db snrm fine

sync snr Mode
2011/03/24 12:56:04 GMT 1 7837 6.0 G.DMT2+ Annex A

to this @ 57.3db
sync snr Mode
2011/03/30 19:18:13 BST 1 3501 6.1 G.DMT2 Annex A

How and why can it switch to adsl2 from adsl2+ ?

And why would my house move further up the coast? smile

I am in the test socket and have tried 4 different routers two 2wire 2700hgv and a D-linkdsl2740b and a D-link2640r, all with no phones plugged in to rule that out also.

The first time i was in correspondence with my provider and within minutes it was back i was not sure if they kicked the line as i was speaking about it but this time its been 45 minutes since the change and it seems stuck.

Thanks in advance

Edited by TiMeTraVeLeR (Wed 30-Mar-11 22:26:46)

(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:07:41
Print Post

Re: o-bit Surfwise Variety headache

[re: TiMeTraVeLeR] [link to this post]

Sorry about the sync snr and mode being in the wrong place, it is correct when i try to edit them but move when i post i am sure it is readable anyway smile

Edited by TiMeTraVeLeR (Wed 30-Mar-11 20:26:06)

Standard User Rooneydog
(newbie) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:20:22
Print Post

Have you contacted them, to get the exchange looked at. I'm no expert but seems like there is something wrong at the exchange, which phisically needs looking at.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:33:43
Print Post

[re: Rooneydog] [link to this post]

I have a ticket open at the minute, but no contact since the 24th on the matter i just wondered if any of the techs from ttb have heard of this, what are the symptoms and how i can resolve this.
Standard User Rooneydog
(newbie) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:40:32
Print Post

Sorry your having trouble TiMeTraVeLeR. How long has this been going on? Looking at your post, you look like you have spent some hard earned cash on routers as well. Is this package your on sold by Vivaciti Broadband? If so help Vivaciti , get your act together.
Standard User acting_funny
(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:43:22
Print Post

if the reseller is being abit slow to respond you can always contact o-bit support direct http://www.o-bit.net/contact.html, they won't quite change line profiles immediately on the phone but are usually done the same working day.

shouldn't have a problem switching between adsl1/2 and setting snr targets, etc.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 20:44:43
Print Post

Sounds like a line fault. Plug a phone into the test socket and do a quiet line test. If you hear any noise, report it as a voice fault to BT. If you don't hear any noise, report it as a fault to the ISP and they have to get it fixed.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
(member) Wed 30-Mar-11 21:00:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks guys, has the quite line test changed numbers? as i can not reach it on 17070
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 30-Mar-11 21:03:46
Print Post

Is your phone with BT?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 30-Mar-11 21:47:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by TiMeTraVeLeR:
Sorry about the sync snr and mode being in the wrong place, it is correct when i try to edit them but move when i post i am sure it is readable anyway smile
Can't answer your question, but click the Quote button against my post to see how I have done this:-

.                          sync  snr      Mode
2011/03/24 12:56:04 GMT 1  7837  6.0      G.DMT2+ Annex A 	

to this @ 57.3db
                           sync  snr      Mode
2011/03/30 19:18:13 BST 1  3501  6.1      G.DMT2 Annex A
I've had to play around with the spacings a bit, and a trick is to copy/paste an existing nearly suitable space if things go wrong in Preview. Note because the section starts with spaces/tabs then they get ignored, so I inserted a full stop.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 30-Mar-11 21:48:43)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to