User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gromit69
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 01:28:08
Print Post

Talktalk LLU from Xilo

[link to this post]

What's the deal with Xilo/Opal LLU?
Talktalk are the only LLU provider in my exchange, and I'm interested in who could resell it to me (over a network that isn't throttled and doesn't track my movements!)
Would it be a fully unbundled line from Xilo? If so, what is the deal and what are the costs?

Many thanks!
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Apr-11 02:44:31
Print Post

Re: Talktalk LLU from Xilo

[re: gromit69] [link to this post]

It will be fully unbundled, but there are some TTB exchanges where you can get the Pro 24 option on SMPF.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User atj003
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 17:30:25
Print Post

Hi.

with Xilo and its using Talk talk LLU (75gb pro).

comes to just under 27 quid a month.I really wont lie a load of people told me I was insane (anything linked to talk talk i was heading for massive problems).

My service is running like Clockwork.I know I sound like a broken record about this.

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=13039...

this is my results with Xilo

With UKo it was 4545 Kbps. with bt it wasnt even getting to 3mb....*sniggers*
the one issue I had a while back seeing a slow down at peak times Xilo informed me they had already raised the issue and within days it was sorted.

Edited by atj003 (Wed 27-Apr-11 17:31:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gromit69
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 17:57:19
Print Post

[re: atj003] [link to this post]

I'm with Talktalk at the moment, and I find them OK, but would prefer a different ISP.
My actual connection to the exchange is great (23Mb!), so it's just the throttling that would worry me (and latency).
The £27 figure also sounds good!
I can't find any details on the phone line package though - are there any? And is the 75GB just down or up and down?

Many thanks!
Standard User atj003
(member) Wed 27-Apr-11 18:49:11
Print Post

75gb (all in)

im running around 56gb per month thats with 2 pc's Xbox and Laptop.
I think if Xilo could find a way to up that to 100gb it would draw more people in IMO.

I only saw just how quick the usage goes around christmas when the new items when onto the line hehe before that it was bumping around on like 21gb. tongue

but in terms of service I cant fault them.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Wed 27-Apr-11 19:49:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by gromit69:
I'm with Talktalk at the moment, and I find them OK, but would prefer a different ISP.
My actual connection to the exchange is great (23Mb!), so it's just the throttling that would worry me (and latency).
The £27 figure also sounds good!
I can't find any details on the phone line package though - are there any? And is the 75GB just down or up and down?

Many thanks!

If your existing Talktalk connection is ok and you don't use P2P why on earth do you want to move? All protocols except P2P run full speed 24/7 on talktalk LLU with very low pings (great for gaming) despite all the shock stories you hear. TalkTalk will allow you to download at least 100gb (FUP) on their plus package each month before they raise an eyebrow. AFAIK transfers from talktalk direct to TalkTalk resellers are not allowed, you would have to go to BT first..who would tie you into a long contract...of course i might be wrong, I'm sure Matt will clear this up.

Is it really worth all the hassle if you don't have any problems with talktalk? Apologies though if you're a heavy P2P user, then you need to leave TalkTalk ASAP frown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up