User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mil1401
(member) Mon 08-Aug-11 13:19:38
Print Post

ADSL24 won't give me a MAC code

[link to this post]

I'm thoroughly sick to the back teeth of the unreliable service from ADSL24, so I called and requested my MAC code on 2nd August.

According to their own FAQ section, it should take no longer than 5 days but now 6 days later, I'm still waiting.

And to top it all, they admit there is a problem with disconnections but have suggested it is down to the way I use the connection. Which is quite frankly an outrageous statement and blaming the customer is not the kind of customer service I expect.

Give me my MAC code....I want to leave!

Chris

The first residential broadband customer in South Scotland......online since 29th August 2001 grin

Wirenet ---> PlusNet ---> RedHotAnt ---> BigBlueSky ---> NTL ---> BT ---> Zen ---> BT 8Mb Option 3 --->ADSL24
Standard User Zadeks
(member) Mon 08-Aug-11 15:00:24
Print Post

Re: ADSL24 won't give me a MAC code

[re: mil1401] [link to this post]

Ring them?
Standard User ffox
(member) Mon 08-Aug-11 15:10:06
Print Post

They are allowed 5 working days so the weekend stretches it to 7 days total.

Plusnet Value Fibre, Netgear WNR 1000, St Ives Cambs

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Invictel
(newbie) Mon 08-Aug-11 15:24:27
Print Post

[re: ffox] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ffox:

Thats right, it is 5 working days. And it doesn't have to be by email/telephone, it can be done via letter too. Check your post today/tomorrow as they may send it via post.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Aug-11 15:59:41
Print Post

TBH, I don't think that they would want you as a customer for any longer than necessary wink.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Aug-11 16:53:17
Print Post

I suspect that based on your upstream value in another post, you're on their C&W offering.

Unfortunately, C&W have to process all MAC requests manually, by hand and this may be preventing them from supplying one to you within the timescales you would like.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 09-Aug-11 00:30:30
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Ummm Matt. That may be the case, but (a) don't C & W care about OfCom requirements?; (b) have they so many MAC requests that they can't comply within 5 working days?; and (c) "C&W have to process all MAC requests manually ....". What????? Why?????

"Unfortunately"? It isn't unfortunate, it's appalling. I bet they don't raise invoices manually tongue smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User wanapoo
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 09:10:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by mil1401:
I'm thoroughly sick to the back teeth of the unreliable service from ADSL24, so I called and requested my MAC code on 2nd August.

According to their own FAQ section, it should take no longer than 5 days but now 6 days later, I'm still waiting.

And to top it all, they admit there is a problem with disconnections but have suggested it is down to the way I use the connection. Which is quite frankly an outrageous statement and blaming the customer is not the kind of customer service I expect.

Give me my MAC code....I want to leave!

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you know this but when I asked for my mac code. It appeared in my adsl24 account details page within an hour automatically. ADSL24 dont phone or email it to you. Have you logged into the ADSL24 website and checked it ?

Edited by wanapoo (Tue 09-Aug-11 09:12:49)

Standard User mil1401
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 09:56:50
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zadeks:
Ring them?

I already did.

Chris

The first residential broadband customer in South Scotland......online since 29th August 2001 grin

Wirenet ---> PlusNet ---> RedHotAnt ---> BigBlueSky ---> NTL ---> BT ---> Zen ---> BT 8Mb Option 3 --->ADSL24
Standard User mil1401
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 09:58:16
Print Post

[re: ffox] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ffox:

Doesn't mention that in the FAQ......it's usually 24 hrs but can take upto 5 days

Chris

Edited by mil1401 (Tue 09-Aug-11 10:00:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to