User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Nov-11 18:13:33
Print Post

Almost 18 months with ADSL24

[link to this post]

around the 25th of this month I will have been with ADSL24 for 18 months. that is the longest I have been with any broadband ISP apart from BT and i was on a 18 month contract with them.

Here to the next 18 months, i can't see myself moving from where I am unless money becomes a issue

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Nov-11 00:49:35
Print Post

Re: Almost 18 months with ADSL24

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

I like the way their off-peak starts at 20:00hrs for some of their FTTC offerings...very rare. Especially with no shaping or throttling. Truly unlimited so far toowink!

No intention of moving either.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-11 16:22:48
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I don't have FTTC, not avialble here and I not sure if I am really interested, why do I need 30Megabits for? A bit more speed would not hurt, maybe getting up to about 8megabits, but not that bothered.

I am on ADSL24 Cable and wireless LLU service and it is unlimited, well as unlimited as you are going to get, unless you do 500Gb a month then I expect they will say something. No traffic mamangement , now that is what I like and I avoid going though Bt equipment,, which is a good thing as well.

Adrian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Nov-11 16:58:25
Print Post

I was glad to get FTTC as my line was rubbish ADSL-wise. Tweaked to the max could only get 7M. Speed is always handy, especially as my sync increased from 3.6MB/s to 4.7 due to some BT tweaking - hope I have got the units right.

Seems less temperamental than ADSL too.

drT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User tusken
(newbie) Sun 13-Nov-11 17:39:55
Print Post

hi
a previously very happy adsl24 (basic adsl, not even adsl2) customer here. ive been with them for nearly 5 years. All the fuss in shifting from enta to murphx didnt seem to affect me much and i stayed. ive never really suffered with slow speeds. It is slower off-peak but i accept that and i can still usually get 400 kbps off peak (and a max of about 600 kbps peak).

However, since yesterday morning its been a car crash. my speed has dropped to a staggering 12kbps max. ive done about 30 speed tests, all exactly the same. my upload speed has been unaffected (38 kbps).

my router stats are here - and are as per usual:
System Up Time 06:35:10

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6432 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 20.0 db 11.0 db
Noise Margin 15.3 db 24.0 db

this is my latest test:
11/13/2011 5:12 PM GMT d/l 0.12 Mb/s u/l 0.38 Mb/s ping: 39 ms

what the hell can be going on? just in case i changed my router back to my old adsl modem to see if that made any difference but no. With my router still syncing at my usual speed - it must be something to do with murphx throttling me mustnt it? i raised a ticket yesterday but idoubt they will look at it until tuesday. ive always been happy with adsl24 and i really hope this isnt the beginning of the end.....

your thoughts would be much appreciated on what could be causing it

Russ
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-11 09:31:38
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DrTeeth:
I was glad to get FTTC as my line was rubbish ADSL-wise. Tweaked to the max could only get 7M. Speed is always handy, especially as my sync increased from 3.6MB/s to 4.7 due to some BT tweaking - hope I have got the units right.

Seems less temperamental than ADSL too.

drT

I get between 3.5-4Megabits depending on what router I use. sure it be nice to have more, but I am happy with what I got.

the problem with FTTC is that they all have some sort of limits even ADSl24 and FTTC is a Bt thing, try to avoid Bt if I can. they can't even run a decent ADSL system, so how on earth can they run a decent fibre system?

Irrelevant anyway as I doubt with will have fibre here for a while, if ever.

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-11 09:33:22
Print Post

[re: tusken] [link to this post]

That is not good, it looks like you are being throttled, but I did not think they throttled, but then I could be wrong.

Hope you get it sorted

Adrian

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Nov-11 15:00:52
Print Post

We don't throttle, so it looks like a profile issue.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Nov-11 15:01:46
Print Post

[re: tusken] [link to this post]

If you can PM me your details I'm more than happy to take a look, however we will respond using your open ticket rather than on here rather than confuse this thread.

However looking at your username on here I located your account with us and can see that it is simply an IP profile issue.

On the 12th Nov 2011 around 01:46 your router connected to the BT exchange at 160kbps causing the IP profiling system to reduce your profile to 135k - hence why you are seeing 0.13Mb on the speedtest site.

Although your SYNC speed is now back to normal it can take BT up to 72hrs on the old 20CN platform to update, so that will solve the issue for you.

I've also requested a manual reset for you in hope they can manually kick the profile.

Looking over the past week I can see your SYNC has been all over the place, from 7Mb to 160k, so there is something causing noise/interference on your line.

Has anything at all changed lately with regards to your setup? Any new phones or sky boxes connected up or sockets installed?

Thanks

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Mon 14-Nov-11 15:09:28)

Standard User iwish
(committed) Mon 14-Nov-11 19:03:00
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

That post was one of the reasons i joined adsl24, great service and support even though i have not had a connection since my migration date on the 9th. But am sure once its solved a will be a happy customer
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to