User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fraxos
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 09:20:05
Print Post

Vivaciti - delay in getting a MAC code

[link to this post]

I joined Vivaciti more than a year ago knowing very well that I would never be able to get very high speeds but should comfortably get 4Mb or so through their Murphx LLU (Tiscali) package. And that was indeed the case for the first 6 months or so. However, in the past 6 months my speeds have dropped to an abysmal 1Mb-1.5Mb. Despite several emails and promises of this issue being looked into nothing has happened and my connection is now barely useable.

Having had enough, I have decided to try my luck elsewhere. To that extent, I asked Vivaciti for my MAC 2 weeks ago through their ADSL panel. Yet, I still have not received it. I have phoned them up repeatedly since the first request only to be told a different story each time. The first time they claimed that the request had been misplaced and the MAC would be generated and emailed to me. Suffice to say the email never reached me. A couple days later, I got through to a gentleman who said that his name was Carl and is the managing director. He said that the he would send me an email with my MAC code but would also look at the issue at hand to see if they can resolve it. Once again the email never came through. Lastly, I phoned up yesterday only to be told that in fact that the MAC has not been generated, that there was an issue with the ADSL supplier, they had no idea when they would be able to get a MAC for me and that basically there was nothing I could do about that!

So in essence, I am being held at ransom by a company which is failing to provide me with a service that I am paying £25 for every month and which is clearly in breach of the stated 5 days for providing a MAC code. Can anyone help me on how I can escape from this predicament?

Thanks in advance
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Nov-11 09:40:42
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti - delay in getting a MAC code

[re: fraxos] [link to this post]

Lodge a formal complaint with the supplier stating that if your MAC requesy and complaint aren't handled to your satisfaction within, say 14 days, you will be escalating the complaint to CISAS, the ADR prodivder that vivaciti are signed up to. (www.cisas.org.uk)

Going to CISAS is at no cost to you - they costs of any complaint to them are borne by the ISP in question.
Standard User fraxos
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 09:59:07
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

Ionic,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I have now sent a formal complaint to Vivaciti. Let's see what they come back with. Another 2+ weeks of being trapped and paying for a [censored] service is not exactly appealing though...

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Invictel
(learned) Tue 22-Nov-11 11:23:24
Print Post

Vivaciti are quite active on this forum though, maybe they'll come on and reply to this thread?

Standard User fraxos
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 11:33:06
Print Post

[re: Invictel] [link to this post]

If posting on this board helps resolve the issue I will gladly withdraw my complaint. However, the fact that I have, in essence, been lied to for the past 2 weeks does not bode well...
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Nov-11 13:43:51
Print Post

Hi,
Sorry you are not happy with the response you received, I have had a quick look at your case, and can see you had reported some speed issues, with our last reply to you on the 11/07/2011 saying we can request an engineer but as you had not swapped out the router if it turned out to be an issue with your equipment this would be chargeable, if you accept this we can proceed. We never received a response to this from you, and as such the ticket auto closed.

As we have stated to you, the MAC had been requested, we had been given the MAC for your line, but when we checked this (we do with all manual MAC's that are issued) it showed the MAC as invalid. We had requested from the carriers for a new MAC, and have still not received this from them, we have been chasing daily.

We can only give you the MAC once we receive it, and as soon as we have this it will be sent over to you.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User fraxos
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 14:28:19
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thank you for looking into this and for finally providing a clear explanation as to reasons behind the delay in getting the MAC. Finally I know what is going on. It would have saved everyone the aggrevation if this had been communicated earlier and I had not been mislead by false statements by your colleagues.

As for the ticket raised, I have clarified this through the support ticket raised today.
Standard User gwynevans
(committed) Tue 20-Dec-11 17:43:59
Print Post

Just out of interest, have you had your MAC & if so, how long did it take as I've had a request in from the start of the month...

--
Using entanet via UKFSN (ex PlusNet, ex MetroNet)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-Dec-11 17:48:32
Print Post

[re: gwynevans] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gwynevans:
Just out of interest, have you had your MAC & if so, how long did it take as I've had a request in from the start of the month...
Vivaciti or UKFSN, as per your sig? (Asking as the thread refers to vivaciti and your case may be nothing to do with them).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Wed 21-Dec-11 18:52:59
Print Post

[re: gwynevans] [link to this post]

had mine in about 2-3 days. Requested over the portal. Moved away to sky

IanD
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to