User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dest
(member) Mon 28-Nov-11 01:53:23
Print Post

Return to BT from vivaciti surfwise complete(talktalk tails)

[link to this post]

hi
been having trouble returning to BT so i could get BT Infinity FTTC
ordered via BT about a month ago , they said they would handle everything and gave me an install date of the 18th nov
this came and went and no engineer showed , after 3 or 4 days of ringing up to find out what was going on (kept being told ah its being installed tomorrow etc) they eventually said theres a problem with my current supplier releasing the line/number
so i contacted vivaciti via a ticket
response given was :

Hi.
There is no migration path from broadband complete. You would need to place a cease order and then a new provide order for your phone line with BT.
Please note there is a 30 day rolling contract on broadband complete as well as a cease charge.

Is this really the case?
ive read about return to donor for BT , does this not apply and i really have to order a cease , wait for that to complete and then be without a connection until BT install the line again?
Just to be clear i have no problems with vivaciti , just want to move to FTTC and im hoping someone can help me sort out this nightmare!

Gimme your boots blush

Edited by Dest (Mon 28-Nov-11 02:03:44)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Nov-11 02:28:34
Print Post

Re: Return to BT from vivaciti surfwise complete(talktalk ta

[re: Dest] [link to this post]

BT should just be able to do a RTD, a cease should not be required, otherwise, you'll loose your number.

The only other way is to get new line install for the same day as the original service ceases but again, you'll loose the number.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User Dest
(member) Mon 28-Nov-11 02:43:06
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

quite frustrating , as i assumed BT would know how to do this RTD
but as i said , they are now saying the order is on hold as my current supplier will not release the line/number
BT asked me to phone back in another 14 days(7 now) to see if my current provider had now released the line
Not sure where to go from here to be honest
i dont mind a new number too much , but i dont want any additional equipment installed to my house (like a new nte5 mounted beside the existing one)

Gimme your boots blush

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-11 06:50:08
Print Post

"a new line install"

Doesnt mean you need anyone to fit a new socket it just means they switch a cable at the exchange and thats you with a new line.

But a return to donor should be possible via BT,post office and others.

BE*Unlimited 19157/1399Kbps

Edited by epyon (Mon 28-Nov-11 06:50:43)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Nov-11 09:28:02
Print Post

A return to donor is in effect a cease and re-provide (you don't loose your number!)

I have had a look and there is only one email to accounts email regarding to this that I can see (if you have a ticket number it would help locate the issue as your TBB username gives no clues), and looking at the notes it would seem the reason this was stopped is there was no notice from you that you was moving your line back to BT, so in effect we regarded this as a slam attempt and these are always (for good reason) stopped.

It is correct there is a termination fee on the complete product and there is also a required months notice on all our services. But this type of RTD doe not require a BT engineer or anything as the work is done in the exchange.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-11 09:39:14
Print Post

Fully unbundled services raise their ugly head again.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 28-Nov-11 09:50:34
Print Post

Vivaciti do FTTC, and can move the phone line to WLR3 as well. Did you know that, and their package isn't suitable, or did you just not know?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 28-Nov-11 09:51:13)

Standard User Dest
(member) Mon 28-Nov-11 10:02:37
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Ticket number is 630613
but as I stated in the op I have no problem with the product or support given by
Vivaciti(BT has been horrendous in dealing with this)

I didn't contact vivaciti to give any notice as BT indicated I didn't need to,
that they would handle everything for me
This seemed logical at the time , as the move from BT to vivaciti originally was seemless and did not require me to contact BT
Don't really understand why its not the same in reverse
I'm waiting on a BT Forum moderator that promised to get back to this morning with options
I will contact vivaciti after this

Gimme your boots blush
Standard User Dest
(member) Mon 28-Nov-11 11:06:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes I was aware that vivaciti could also provide fttc , but had not heard of wlr3 before
To be honest the unlimited (throttled I know) nature of the infinity product swayed me
Also free fttc install , and first 3 months free (3x£28)
Viviciti have now updated my ticket saying that the order will now work as I have given them notice
I have updated BT to try again
Hopefully goes smoothly this time

Gimme your boots blush
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Mon 28-Nov-11 13:11:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by uno:
BT should just be able to do a RTD, a cease should not be required, otherwise, you'll loose your number.

Hi Matt.
You've indicated in the past (I think Vicaciti also) that a SIM order with a RTD may be possible for a nominal fee, presumably when moving from one of your MPF products to one of your BT line based products.
Is this also the case when moving to FTTC or is that just for standard ADSL provision?

If not for FTTC then this would at least get you into a position to order FTTC without any broadband downtime.

Gary
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to