User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Fri 02-Dec-11 16:36:58
Print Post

New packages

[link to this post]

As Enta have launched the new "Dusk till Dawn" package, we have added this to our website for customers to order.

£9.99 per month on a 12 month contract, but the package is designed to be used from between 7pm-7am Mon-Fri, all day weekends as it has a 1GB download cap for peaktimes.

We have also updated our FTTC products which can all be located from our website.

Standard User drogon
(regular) Mon 05-Dec-11 12:21:26
Print Post

Re: New packages

[re: Invictel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Invictel:
As Enta have launched the new "Dusk till Dawn" package, we have added this to our website for customers to order.

£9.99 per month on a 12 month contract, but the package is designed to be used from between 7pm-7am Mon-Fri, all day weekends as it has a 1GB download cap for peaktimes.

Is there really a need for it? I just can't see the point - make the mistake of going online through the day to check email a few times and bang - rate limited for the rest of the month )-:

What's the target audience?

Or is it going to be people wanting an "unlimited" 2nd line for p2p stuff at off-peak times? (in which case is that the the networks shafted for the rest of us?)

G
(Another Enta reseller - but I've no plans to get any customers on this whatsoever!)
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Mon 05-Dec-11 13:15:04
Print Post

[re: drogon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by drogon:
In reply to a post by Invictel:

Is there really a need for it? I just can't see the point - make the mistake of going online through the day to check email a few times and bang - rate limited for the rest of the month )-:

What's the target audience?

Or is it going to be people wanting an "unlimited" 2nd line for p2p stuff at off-peak times? (in which case is that the the networks shafted for the rest of us?)

G
(Another Enta reseller - but I've no plans to get any customers on this whatsoever!)

Looked through some logs today - just out of interest - and it seems we have several customers who only use off-peak, one customer hasnt used ANY of the peak download cap.

So there are people out there who would benefit from it. Although our current customers can not take this deal, as its for "brand new customers only".

And from a personal perspective, I am only at home from 6pm onwards Mon-Fri, so a package like that would suit me as I am not at home during the day to run up the peak usage.

You say you have no intention of using this package - why not advertise it on your website, surely it doesnt hurt to do so? If someone wants the package and it suits their lifestyle, its money for you!

Edited by Invictel (Mon 05-Dec-11 13:16:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-11 13:45:04
Print Post

One reason a reseller might chose not to make it available is that it devalues the existing Family 1GB service.

Another is that it can only be ordered via synergi so no automated order system option - instead you have to manually process any orders thus giving rise to increased cost for the reseller.

It's also only available on a 12 month minimum term. Customers usually expect that a longer term commitment on their part will mean free activation and that is not the case with this service.

I agree that there is potential for new customers who may want this service but the above issues plus the fact that it's limited availability means I cannot be certain whether it will be possible to actually process any orders received as Enta have not indicated just how limited availability is.

I'd like to be able to offer a service for less than £10 however the above issues really put me off this one.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Dialup, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Mon 05-Dec-11 14:15:17
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukfsn:
One reason a reseller might chose not to make it available is that it devalues the existing Family 1GB service.

We never offered the Family 1GB service ourselves, so wasn't an issue for us.

But I can see how it may affect others.

Another is that it can only be ordered via synergi so no automated order system option - instead you have to manually process any orders thus giving rise to increased cost for the reseller.

Again, not an issue for us as we process all of our orders manually. This way, we can keep track of each order at every stage of implementation.
It only works because we aren't a large firm.... a firm like BT would never be able to do it due to the cost, but as we are a small company it doesnt add any cost to us to process all of our orders the way we do - means we know what is happening and are always "in the loop".

It's also only available on a 12 month minimum term. Customers usually expect that a longer term commitment on their part will mean free activation and that is not the case with this service.

Yes, 12 month contracts do have a bit of a bad name, but for £9.99 per month outside of a bundle its pretty cheap for unlimited off-peak. If customers wish to have a 1 month contract, the offer is always there but at a slightly higher price.

I agree that there is potential for new customers who may want this service but the above issues plus the fact that it's limited availability means I cannot be certain whether it will be possible to actually process any orders received as Enta have not indicated just how limited availability is.

I'd like to be able to offer a service for less than £10 however the above issues really put me off this one.

It has concerned me slightly that Enta are not keeping this package and its "limited" availability. Like you said though, what constitutes limited?

Still, if it adds value to a package portfolio like it does for us, I dont see why more resellers haven't advertised it.

Standard User HangTime
(member) Tue 06-Dec-11 12:31:05
Print Post

I can I can see how this package would appeal to a few people, however for me 1GB/month peak is just a bit too low despite working fulltime 09:00-17:30 weekdays. It basically leaves you nothing left over for days off work, which includes bank holidays, plus occasionally I work from home.

Currently I have a 15GB Business package from enta, which is about right for me – I do the vast majority of downloading between 8pm-8am or at weekends so this still leaves me enough for a bit of online video, browsing etc during peak hours. I think around 5GB is the lowest I could go to.

I did get ‘screwed over’ once, hit my peak limit early Friday evening so got rate limited, end of billing period was on Monday (new 15GB allowance) but despite the weekend being offpeak I had to put up with a 128kbit connection all weekend! Kinda annoying because despite there being no more peak hours left in the billing period, the bandwidth limit still applied.
  Print Thread

Jump to