User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DG834MAN
(regular) Sun 18-Dec-11 01:43:50
Print Post

Adsl24 broadband down

[link to this post]

Hey all

My adsl24 home 30 connection has been down since mid day friday the 16th, phoned technical support a few times after getting hung up( might have been the phone but was the hung up sound) the guy says he raised a ticket but its not showing on my account page on the adsl24 web site this normal?

Symptoms i am syncing at 8128 448 but i am not getting a connection to the internet router dg834 say's lcp allowed to come up been doing this since friday.

Bought a cast adsl belkin router from tesco friday night same with it sync's with exchange cant get net.

Guy says i wont get connected till monday at the earliest as they did some line tests came back ok and the problem has now been passed to bt, he also said bt dont chase low priority problems at the weekend.

anyone else having a problem, know whats wrong, any other advice, climbing the walls with out my connection lol

only got on because i manage to connect to a bt FON hotspot and pay £3 quid for an hour connection blush
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Dec-11 02:15:56
Print Post

Re: Adsl24 broadband down

[re: DG834MAN] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DG834MAN:
Symptoms i am syncing at 8128 448 but i am not getting a connection to the internet router dg834 say's lcp allowed to come up
That means ISP's authentication server is down. You just have to sit it out! happens occasionally with most ISPs.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Dec-11 08:10:36
Print Post

Stale session? Try turning router off for 20 mins.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DG834MAN
(regular) Sun 18-Dec-11 23:07:24
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

left the router off over night still doing the same,i managed to get on via a btfon hotspot so checked my mail and they had sent me a mac code to my email after i first phoned and asked about the problem i was having

[censored] i didnt ask for a mac code

Whole weekend with proper connection sucks big time and a 5er for a days access to bt fon on a slow and unreliable connect think i should phone up and get some compensation
Standard User Saltank
(member) Mon 19-Dec-11 18:35:56
Print Post

I actually had the same thing happen for the last hour. I had to disconnect modem to swap a microfilter but that failed so I plug it back but cant connect. I had the same thing last week and then I realized it wasn't connecting because my username was wrong, no such thing now.

I had to wait about 5 minutes with the modem totally off and it seems to be working again.

Edited by Saltank (Mon 19-Dec-11 18:43:00)

Standard User DG834MAN
(regular) Tue 20-Dec-11 23:37:02
Print Post

[re: Saltank] [link to this post]

Still no net as of yet, getting rather annoying now they dont seem to be doing much to get me back on. had voice mail left for me tonight usual [censored] turn off router give it 15 mins then try again

i have tried bt_test@startup_domain login on my router and i cant connect to to the bt.net/digitaldemo page tried with two different routers guy from customers service wants me to call back and tell them how i want to proceed why do i have to input ideas about how they are to get me back online they are the technical support after all.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Dec-11 14:21:20
Print Post

There have been a large number of issues with PPP not authenticating - it's basically something BT have messed up. Everything ok on our side, and SYNC is always present to the exchange, but no traffic is being passed from the exchange to our network so it never reaches our radius servers to authenticate. It appears BT have been performing a lot of 20CN DSLAM upgrades/changes and this issue is only affecting 20CN customers, 21CN is unaffected. We've had an open ticket with BT for a few weeks now as we have at least 20-30 customers affected already, and I'm concerned there may be more in the future if BT don't resole this.

We do apologise and are trying to have BT sort this asap but please bear with us as the issue is not something we can fix ourselves which is frustrating.

Thanks

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Doll
(member) Thu 22-Dec-11 22:43:46
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Mines not down but has been sub 1mb speeds the last 48 hours even though it's synched at it's usual 3.5 - 4mb.
Although it has increased a bit so maybe it just had a blip and is rectifying itself?

Edited by Doll (Thu 22-Dec-11 23:49:36)

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Dec-11 08:28:36
Print Post

[re: Doll] [link to this post]

Very likely a stuck (or low) IP profile. What does the BT speed tester site show when you run the test? http://speedtester.bt.com

Thanks

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
  Print Thread

Jump to