User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-12 09:32:23
Print Post

Tesco LLU (C&W based) now allowing full LLU migration?

[link to this post]

From my understanding full LLU > full LLU migrations are in theory possible, however just about every isp you want to move to will insist your line is with BT before you can move. However it looks like Tesco LLU broadband (based on Cable & Wireless LLU) is the first to allow transfers from another full LLU provider. I'm with TalkTalk (full LLU) and out of curiosity typed in my tel number on Tesco broadband's website and to my shock it said i can get speeds of 16-22 meg on their 'up to 24 meg' service. I then called them up to clarify and they said very clearly that i am able to move from TalkTalk LLU to their LLU service in 3-4 weeks time without any downtime. I'm very happy wtih TalkTalk (touch wood) and have no plans to move but its nice to know that i have another LLU provider i can move to without going back to BT first. Talktalk & C&W are the only 2 LLU suppliers at my exchange (no 21CN).

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 28-Feb-12 09:32:37)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Feb-12 15:21:34
Print Post

Re: Tesco LLU (C&W based) now allowing full LLU migration?

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

That is good news, I know someone on Talk Talk and they been having all sort of problems, I did say about Tescos cable and wireless service to her, but at the time they would not accept from another full LLU provider.

i will have to give her a text and tell her

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
(committed) Wed 29-Feb-12 16:05:24
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Well i've just read the following regarding their FUP on their 'unlimited' package and i must say its quite a low limit for a LLU provider, obviously not an issue if you're a light user:

We will only impose a limit on the use of Tesco Broadband to prevent unusual use and abuse. If a customer regularly downloads in excess of normal levels of consumer consumption, for example, 100GB per month, we may do one or both of the following:

(a) ask you to moderate your use;

(b) if the customer does not modify their usage but continues to exceed the FUL for a further two consecutive months, we will suspend or terminate the customerís service.

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/broadband-and-home-phone...

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Feb-12 16:22:58
Print Post

Well the support is as dire as that of talktalk so at least they share one thing in common, they C &W will not allow fastpath either

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Mar-12 19:54:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Well i've just read the following regarding their FUP on their 'unlimited' package and i must say its quite a low limit for a LLU provider, obviously not an issue if you're a light user:

We will only impose a limit on the use of Tesco Broadband to prevent unusual use and abuse. If a customer regularly downloads in excess of normal levels of consumer consumption, for example, 100GB per month, we may do one or both of the following:

(b) if the customer does not modify their usage but continues to exceed the FUL for a further two consecutive months, we will suspend or terminate the customerís service.

A fup will make very little difference to her usage in fact will make no difference at all. but Cable and wireless network seems to work better than Talk Talk, from what I have seen it can't be any worse.

Maybe she will have over two Megabits instead of less than half.

Thanks anyway

Adrian

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Mar-12 19:57:05
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Well the support is as dire as that of talktalk so at least they share one thing in common, they C &W will not allow fastpath either

Big company what do you expect? Customer service seems to go out of the windows for most big companies.

I keep hearing about this lack of fastpath on C&W and yet a mate of mine who is a big games player and is on C&w network seems to have no problems with it at all.

I know he got a high speed, but that makes little difference if pings are bad.

Adrian

Standard User GeeTee
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-12 20:10:01
Print Post

It really depends on the game. The 'must have low latency to game' is not such a universal requirement as years ago thanks to most multi-player FPS's and the like having built in latency correction in the server and client engines. What seems to be more important these days is consistency i.e. low jitter.
(committed) Fri 02-Mar-12 20:03:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

A fup will make very little difference to her usage in fact will make no difference at all. but Cable and wireless network seems to work better than Talk Talk, from what I have seen it can't be any worse.

Maybe she will have over two Megabits instead of less than half.

Thanks anyway

Do let us know if/when your friend succesfully migrates over to Tesco, would be interesting to see her line stats compared to Talktalk LLU.

Cheers

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
  Print Thread

Jump to