User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 12-Mar-12 14:33:26
Print Post

xilo/uno

[link to this post]

hi just a few questions about xilo/uno broadband

ive had a look but cant seam to find it although some times im blind as a bat when its directly in front of my eyes lol.

I can see they have a £40 activation fee for LLU connections (talktalk/BE based connections ) but do they have a minimum contract EG 12 months or do they offer 1 month contracts (id presume so with the activation fee)

second if i put my number in it says

Pro 24 75GB Up to 24Mb 1Mb 75GB £21.99
Be 16 6Mb 1.3Mb Unmetered £12.49
Be 24 6Mb 1.3Mb Unmetered £17.49
Be 24 Advanced 6Mb 2.5Mb Unmetered £22.49

dose that mean if i was to sign up i would get hard capped at 6 meg or is it just a estimate based on BTs database meaning if the line can have it it will go upto 16 (bassed on be16) these are my current stats on that line.

third do they allow you to tweak you SNR your self like BE do in there web panel

thanks for any info

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Mar-12 14:39:23
Print Post

Re: xilo/uno

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
I can see they have a £40 activation fee for LLU connections (talktalk/BE based connections ) but do they have a minimum contract EG 12 months or do they offer 1 month contracts (id presume so with the activation fee)

It would be a one month rolling contract with a months notice to cancel.

dose that mean if i was to sign up i would get hard capped at 6 meg or is it just a estimate based on BTs database meaning if the line can have it it will go upto 16 (bassed on be16)

The estimate for the line is 6Mb but will go higher, up the the product speed if possible. i.e 16Mb Be is capped at 16Mb.

third do they allow you to tweak you SNR your self like BE do in there web panel

We do but only via ticket currently. Portal will follow soon.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 13-Mar-12 00:54:35
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
In reply to a post by acpsd775:

It would be a one month rolling contract with a months notice to cancel.

dose that mean if i was to sign up i would get hard capped at 6 meg or is it just a estimate based on BTs database meaning if the line can have it it will go upto 16 (bassed on be16)

The estimate for the line is 6Mb but will go higher, up the the product speed if possible. i.e 16Mb Be is capped at 16Mb.

We do but only via ticket currently. Portal will follow soon.

Matt

thanks big help on the checker it said FTTC and not available i presume thats because my cab is not live yet but when it dose go live what sort of packages do you offer/price

Thanks

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User restarts
(learned) Sat 31-Mar-12 12:05:42
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Will the pings be any different on be wholesale to be retail, Has i'm currently on bethere retail.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Mar-12 14:42:45
Print Post

[re: restarts] [link to this post]

Yes, as retail manage their own routing so do the companies that buy service wholesale, and they will also be different, so Xilo will have routing their way, ours may be different to theirs etc.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User restarts
(learned) Sat 31-Mar-12 15:43:49
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thanks, I'm hoping for a crapper ping myself, Has playing with a 20ms ping games are unplayable due to lag compensation.
Standard User Manook
(regular) Sun 01-Apr-12 13:15:45
Print Post

[re: restarts] [link to this post]

Just transfered to Xilo from Be Retail.

My sync rate has increased (previously about 19 and now just over 20). Ping is the same (8ms) and throughput feels alot more responsive.

Also lovefilm, netflix and bbc iplayer work flawlessly so the mrs is very happy now!

Excellent service.
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Sun 01-Apr-12 15:02:23
Print Post

[re: Manook] [link to this post]

Yes it is an excellent service smile

My cousin gets a reading of ~7Mbps downstream with the BBCi diagnostics speed tester on TalkTalk full LLU and I get ~12Mbps with xilo/uno partial LLU when testing during evening peak times. We both have a similar downstream loop loss (~37dB) and we both have interleaving on.
Standard User MrBeeline
(committed) Wed 04-Apr-12 22:19:33
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

+1 for Xilo/Uno broadband.

Best move I ever made. Static IP profile (goodbye BT DLM) on partial LLU using TalkTalk equipment. Best speed / reliability that I've ever had since the exchange was BB enabled. Good CS as well (had to phone them once.. answered promptly and problem sorted the same day).

----
Mike
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 04-Apr-12 22:46:28
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Just an update thanks for the quick response i originally got but FTTC became available quicker than i thought so in the end i moved directly onto it i will keep you guys in mind though if i ever need to move back onto ADSL for any reason because you do have some good prices on the BE products

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps + littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package
  Print Thread

Jump to