As the title suggests, I'm thinking of moving over from Sky LLU (im not on the SVBN, still have BT line) onto one of the C&W resellers.
My exchange EACOS only has Sky,TT, AOL and C&W LLU presence.
It is due to have Fibre enabled end of Sept 2012.
I've been on LLU for several years now first with UKO who provided me with 15998/1024 @ 7db with a Linksys AM200 Modem.
Then with Sky where I get 17500-16000/1150 @7db depending on what coding gain i set on my Billion 7402nx.
For reference Broadcom (834GT) & Infineon (Draytek 120) modems only achieve about 15500 @ 7db on my line, probably as UKO and Sky use a Conexant/Globespan chipset better matching the Billion.
I have a few minor reasons for wanting to leave Sky - inability to freely use own router (more of a problem with MER), blocking of legitimate filehosting sites eg Netload (granted via the IWF proxy, but a block to me none the less, resulting in me not even having access to my own legitimate files)
I am thinking of moving to TT aswell, but wondered what the C&W LLU is like.
1) Can C&W set a 6 or 7db snr on the line ? As I understand it the default is 9db, which will be no good for me as i'm used to 7db and the associated speed.
2) Can the interleave depth be reduced to 8ms ?
3) What chipset does C&W usually have in the exchange ?
4) Does the line run the same speed 24/7 like i'm used to on Sky, eg no congestion at peak times ?
5) Can I use my own modem/router combo freely ?
6) Is there any filtering/blocking of the filehosting sites ?
Thanks if anyone can answer some of my q's