User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stopit
(newbie) Wed 05-Sep-12 14:17:10
Print Post

Xilo - Question

[link to this post]

I am helping a relative of mine subscribe to one of your broadband services and have a question to ask.

One of the security questions asked for is a date of birth. Your automated system at sign up allows for other security questions to be completed and even though they are, date of birth seems to be a mandatory requirement.

I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly?) that no credit checks are performed as all monies, whether they be for signing up to one of your services or as regards the monthly fee, are taken in advance.

I appreciate that an obvious reply would be 'for the purpose of security when inquiring about the account' but a security question in the form of 'the name of your first pet' has been shown by many studies to be far more secure and effective for many reasons.

To this end, I was wondering whether the date of birth requirement was mandatory or whether that field (ie dob) could be substituted with say a memorable date?
Standard User Toonshorty
(regular) Wed 05-Sep-12 20:14:41
Print Post

Re: Xilo - Question

[re: stopit] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stopit:
I am helping a relative of mine subscribe to one of your broadband services and have a question to ask.

One of the security questions asked for is a date of birth. Your automated system at sign up allows for other security questions to be completed and even though they are, date of birth seems to be a mandatory requirement.

I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly?) that no credit checks are performed as all monies, whether they be for signing up to one of your services or as regards the monthly fee, are taken in advance.

I appreciate that an obvious reply would be 'for the purpose of security when inquiring about the account' but a security question in the form of 'the name of your first pet' has been shown by many studies to be far more secure and effective for many reasons.

To this end, I was wondering whether the date of birth requirement was mandatory or whether that field (ie dob) could be substituted with say a memorable date?

You'd be best emailing XILO directly at sales@xilo.net or putting this message on their personal forum http://community.xilo.net.

As a XILO customer myself I can wholeheartedly recommend them.
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Sep-12 14:17:45
Print Post

Is it not simply the case that you have to be 18+ to enter in to the contract and this just confirms that you are indeed 18+?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-12 18:29:04
Print Post

I would tend to agree with SJR that it's to confirm the user/account holder is 18 years of age or older.

However I am sure at some point Matt at Xlio/Uno may come along to confirm,

otherwise if you have contacted them and been advised,

please let us know.

smile

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
  Print Thread

Jump to