User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 15:47:49
Print Post

Free upgrade - ADSL24

[link to this post]

Got this email today, anyone else get one?

We've got some great news. We're rewarding your loyalty with a service upgrade!

From 1st October 2012, your monthly peak usage limit will be upgraded from 30GB to 50GB and your price reduced from £19.90 to £17.90. So that's more usage and a cheaper price!

This is a special deal offered only to a handful of selected customers, which is possible due recent negotiations with our wholesale provider.

There is nothing you need to do, as your settings and service details remain the same. We anticipate the upgrade to happen on 25th Sep 2012.

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 19-Sep-12 15:50:47)

Standard User ron3003
(newbie) Wed 19-Sep-12 15:58:16
Print Post

Re: Free upgrade - ADSL24

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I got one of these too today.
We've got some great news. We're rewarding your loyalty with a service upgrade!

From 1st October 2012, your monthly peak usage limit will be upgraded from 60GB to 100GB and your price reduced from £29.90 to £25.90. So that's more usage and a cheaper price!

This is a special deal offered only to a handful of selected customers, which is possible due recent negotiations with our wholesale provider.

There is nothing you need to do, as your settings and service details remain the same. We anticipate the upgrade to happen on 28th Sep 2012.

On the day of your upgrade, you may experience a brief period of downtime. Don't panic, this is normal and should last no more than 10 minutes. If you find that you can't connect after half an hour, please contact our 24/7 UK support team on 01457 6000 25 for assistance.

We would like to thank you once again for your custom, and if you have any queries at all just drop us a reply to this e-mail.

Being moved to LLU?
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 16:16:56
Print Post

[re: ron3003] [link to this post]

Im not moving no. I suspect the thing about being disconnected is a generic email they send out for any upgrades, obviously wont apply to this.

If it was an LLu move, our login details would change, which the email says wont be

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 19-Sep-12 16:39:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ron3003
(newbie) Wed 19-Sep-12 16:54:03
Print Post

When I check my telephone number on the ADSL24 website I see this
Below are the packages available at your exchange. Click on a package name for more information. To check another line click here.

Your line currently has a cease order in progress. You will need to wait for this to complete or have your current provider cancel this if you wish to place an order with us.

Why would the line have a cease order on it?
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 17:00:07
Print Post

Yea ive got that too, nothing in my account section tho. Not sure whats going on. Cant be a move to LLU as their packages are all unlimted peak anyway

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Tried that test and it doesnt say anything about a cease order. Wonder if its a qerk in the system?

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 19-Sep-12 17:03:51)

Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 17:36:59
Print Post

I spoke to tech support (CS was closed) and they checked my line. They said the same as the checker that a cease is in place, but also an upgrade was requested and rejected yesterday. Im assumung that is the upgrade in the email, so dunno what to make of it. Still nothing in My Account section and i can still request a cease in there if i wanted

He said i had to ring CS tomorrow as they deal with that side of it

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 19-Sep-12 17:37:33)

Standard User Gari
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 17:40:28
Print Post

I got the e-mail too, I am on Home 30. I also see the message about the cease when I enter my number on the BT Wholesale ADSL checker

"Note: There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by 25th September 2012 "

Interesting!
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-12 17:41:21
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

Run the BT checker and get this:

There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line. This cease is due to complete by 25th September 2012. This will not stop you ordering Broadband from a new supplier, but will delay the provision of the new Broadband service.

That is the date the upgrade is meant to happen. Will find out tomorrow when i ring up
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 20-Sep-12 00:00:31
Print Post

Sounds a bit like a change of wholesaler. But IIRC that wasn't what was in the email about the upgrade? Are you all on ADSL2+ already? (Just to check it isn't a change of DSLAM from ADSL(1)),

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Thu 20-Sep-12 06:07:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Im on ADSL2, could be a change of wholesaler but nothing about that in the email like yoj say, and wouldnt that requre a MAC not a cease?

Edited by bobble_bob (Thu 20-Sep-12 16:37:15)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to