User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 12-Nov-12 11:28:33
Print Post

O2 Wholesale and fault reports

[link to this post]

I've requested a MAC from Vivaciti and explained why, they have told me that they can report faults and get O2 to fix them 24/7, th only thing they cannot do is get BT to fix line faults, is this correct or am I being fed something to make me reconsider?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Nov-12 15:20:44
Print Post

Re: O2 Wholesale and fault reports

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

O2 wholesale can report faults for fixing to openreach obviously, but the hours for reporting these vary according to the SLA purchased. Most ADSL lines are bought with simple Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm fix type contracts.

Faster and longer response windows can be purchased but price is obviously passed on down the chain to the customer.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Nov-12 15:24:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Enhanced care is not an option through O2 Wholesale.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 12-Nov-12 15:42:17
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Ok cheers for the info Mr Saffron.

To be absolutely clear what I'm trying to ensure is that if I have problems over the Christmas period when I'm working and the fault is determined to be something under O2 wholesale's control that it can be escalated to them for them to get it sorted rather than BT response of 'no enhanced care? Wait till New Year'

I don't want to move back to IP Stream as sync appears to be a lot better under O2's line management.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Mon 12-Nov-12 15:46:36)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Nov-12 15:45:42
Print Post

And just to make sure our info was not accurate I have just got off the phone and have it confirmed enhanced care IS NOT an option on O2 wholesale, so I am afraid someone has not been giving you the full story, although as I believe you was told in your ticket, the support desk at O2 are one of the best at getting any issues resolved but if whatever the fault was required an engineer visit there would be little that could be done.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 12-Nov-12 16:29:56
Print Post

Thank you, it does sound like there's some confusion here.

So long as any remote fixes can be done then thats all I need, if an engineer is required it would probably be quicker for me to go into work!

No offence to anyone meant, just trying to make sure I'm not paying out for something that I don't really need.

Edited by techguy (Mon 12-Nov-12 16:33:23)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 12-Nov-12 18:20:54
Print Post

You've made the same "sort of" typo here and in this post smile.

You have a "not" that shouldn't be there, next to the word "accurate" here and "correct" in the other, and it completely screws up the meaning. Though if people read it a couple of times it is obviously a mistake.

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
And just to make sure our info was not accurate I have just got off the phone and have it confirmed enhanced care IS NOT an option on O2 wholesale, ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 12-Nov-12 18:22:21)

Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 12-Nov-12 20:30:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I appreciate them replying so please don't scare 'em off Rob.

Standard User partial
(regular) Mon 12-Nov-12 21:05:02
Print Post

Vivaciti, ADSL24, Xilo etc. Are highly likely to be reselling Daisy and have no direct link to o2 wholesale. They are just too small to deal with o2 directly. I'll bet they have no junctions to o2 or anyone else.

So to get to the bottom of this you are best of contacting Daisy Internet directly as they are now selling to punters without the need for a middleman and will be able to give a horses mouth answer to your conundrum .

Edited by partial (Mon 12-Nov-12 21:07:10)

Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 12-Nov-12 21:11:35
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

The connection I have routes through Entanet according to a traceroute

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to