User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:21:09
Print Post

Vivaciti or Adsl24

[link to this post]

TalkTAlk have recntly unbundled my exchange and I've made the bold decison to go totally LLU, including the phone.

The only two resellers who appear to do a bundled service are Vivaciti and adsl24.

I like the sound of Vivaciti, BUT I am concerned their bundled package has prioritising on it during the day time.
"lower traffic priority during office hours for peer to peer and newsgroups. During normal office hours between 8am to 7pm weekdays only, these protocols may run slower than usual, all other services such as browsing and patch downloading etc. should be unaffected." the term SHOULD rather bothers me. I dont do P2P I do use FTP every few seconds to uplaod to a weather station website though.

Do I need to be concerened? Im not a heavy user, but do love my browsing.
ADSL24 do not seem to have that restriction.

So Adsl24 or Vivaciti?

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do!)

Surfing with FireflyInternet
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Dec-12 19:06:52
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti or Adsl24

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

I used vivaciti for their ADSL services up to around 1 year ago. When I used the LLU products I worked from home from time to time and never had any problems with speed etc..

IanD
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Dec-12 19:44:59
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Using partial LLU on Vivaciti for some time now, over a year in fact. No problems with speed 24/7 and I use JD Auto speed tester to graph the connection. Had an initial problem with ITV player and 4OD running slow during the day but Vivaciti adjusted my profile and no problems since first few days. Not sure what package you are looking at but mine is through the Obit/Daisy network using talk talk equipment. Cant comment on the telephone side or p2p use. Oh and also no profiling so if you do get the odd low sync which I havent you dont have to wait for the profile to catch up if youre experimenting with routers and SNR tweaks. HTH.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Dec-12 23:16:45
Print Post

I unreservedly recommend ADSL24.

Used to be with them with ADSL - only left to go LLU and be free of BT's profiling system. Was very sad to leave.

Now with then with FTTC.

You just cannot go wrong with them

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sun 23-Dec-12 06:50:46
Print Post

I used Vivaciti also for a time, good service.

BTInfinity - NSDEN using TP-Link W8960n

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Dec-12 10:23:07
Print Post

I was with ADSL24 for 2 years more or less with their cable and wireless service. Really good service compared to what I had before. I recommend them.

The reason I left was to go for a local wireless provider as they offered a better speed than what I could get via ADSL.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User Gari
(experienced) Sun 23-Dec-12 11:44:24
Print Post

I'm partial TT LLU with ADSL24 and I highly recommend them, it's an excellent service. Also so happy to be free of the archaic BT profiling system, of course.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 23-Dec-12 12:18:36
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

If I'm not mistaken the full LLU that the OP intends to go for uses the TT system for everything, including backhaul.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukwoody
(committed) Sun 23-Dec-12 13:54:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Firstly, thank you everyone who has replied, very much appreciated.

Robert, in reply to your comment about backhaul, this is part of the response I got from them, though In didn't actually ask that question.

"Yes, the Complete 50 service would be available to you and that this would be over the Opal kit in the exchange; the vary same TalkTalk use, but the traffic doesn't go anywhere near them in terms of ISP traffic, this is just utilising the network from the exchange to our supplier's network. It would be away from BT IP Profile & Dynamic Line Management (DLM) but there is a level of DLM based around the target SNR that might be set for the service (we try to set that as advantageously as possible depending on the condition o the line, but we rarely remain at the default setting of 12db for the target SNR that we're presented when a service goes live".

So I'm not 100% sure who supplies the backhaul, I presume though it is not TT????

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do!)

Surfing with FireflyInternet
Standard User Gari
(experienced) Sun 23-Dec-12 15:10:30
Print Post

Sounds like the Complete 50 they offer is the same setup I'm on,(minus the phone side of course) .... TT DSLAM at the exchnge but with all Daisy backhaul / network. I had 6.0dB SNR Margin from day 1.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to