User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User StuHolmes
(newbie) Fri 01-Mar-13 16:11:57
Print Post

Xilo/Uno

[link to this post]

I'm currently considering a new ISP and am impressed with the reviews and comments I have seen here and elsewhere for Xilo. I have had a look at their website and it seems to be lacking any clear information regarding their many different packages. Am I looking in the wrong place? I can only see the list on their availability checker with no details for each package.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Mar-13 16:31:21
Print Post

Re: Xilo/Uno

[re: StuHolmes] [link to this post]

Hi Stu,

This is correct at the moment. Please drop us a query on the site and we'll be happy to explain your options.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User has
(experienced) Mon 04-Mar-13 08:49:01
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I am currently considering LLU options as well after the Sky takeover announcement (am presently with Be) - And, similarly to the OP, have had Xilo recommended, but am slightly put off by XIlo's website.

H

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Magsy
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-13 10:02:58
Print Post

[re: has] [link to this post]

Been with Xilo for years, on ADSL2 (C&W LLU) and now 80/20 FTTC.

Connection has always been reliable, routing seems ok and they (Matt) are very quick to reply / carry out changes. I've dropped in support requests midnight at the weekend and had replies ten minutes later.

Do expect some things to be manual that may be automatic with other ISPs however there is a nice personal touch smile

Never really had any slowdowns on ADSL2 but only 4mb sync...Now on FTTC I sync at 60/18 and can go full speed anytime of the day, any protocol. I do however have the top package with higher AR and priority (FTTC 125gb+ or something, it is not budget)
Standard User has
(experienced) Mon 04-Mar-13 12:58:13
Print Post

[re: Magsy] [link to this post]

Thanks - appreciate quick response smile

H
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Mon 04-Mar-13 21:07:11
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Can you link the price lists? as all i can see are the same packages for like 2-3 years

BTInfinity - NSDEN using TP-Link W8960n

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Mar-13 07:16:20
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

The new info appeared 2 days ago here http://www.xilo.net/adsl_broadband/

Tom in sales, is very helpful

Steve

o2 Premium
Peak download 15.24MiB/s
Peak upload 905 KiB/s
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Mar-13 07:25:53
Print Post

[re: Magsy] [link to this post]

must praise Tom in sales - he answered an email late in the evening and updated the website with the prices! cool guy!

Steve

o2 Premium
Peak download 15.24MiB/s
Peak upload 905 KiB/s
Standard User Fugitive_Legacy
(newbie) Sat 09-Mar-13 23:39:56
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Out of curiosity what is the relationship between Uno and Xilo?

Just confused as to whether when you get broadband with Xilo are you actually on Uno, also will Uno's website be launched anytime soon and if you have Uno broadband with Xilo how will the development of Uno's website effect customers?
Standard User pavc
(newbie) Mon 11-Mar-13 19:39:00
Print Post

[re: Fugitive_Legacy] [link to this post]

I am currently looking to change ISP's as having problems with egg timimg when streaming movies and xbox / ps3. BT have been out, checked and repaired the line on several ocasions, with BTwholesale speed test saying I have around 15 1/2 megs download, and BT say no problem is on the line now.

I was highly recomended xilo as their tech support was first class, I phoned up the sales line and found the total oposite, very unhelpful even when saying what my current problems were. Then I asked the question of what the difference was between home/ office and pro was and then could they check my number to see what I could go onto.

The answer was no, and this totally threw me and in the end gave up and rang off, I am still interested in joing xilo due to the recomendation.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to