User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(committed) Fri 08-Mar-13 19:00:59
Print Post

Do O2 Wholesale lines support Seamless Rate Adaption (SRA)?

[link to this post]

As above really, noticed the option on my new Billion 7800N and wondered if there is any merit in enabling it?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sat 09-Mar-13 10:46:58
Print Post

Re: Do O2 Wholesale lines support Seamless Rate Adaption (SR

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

no.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Mar-13 02:12:41
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

No, The Dslam Isam at the exchange has to be configured to use SRA or any of the other non standard modes ,It was tried on BE Unlimited and they decided that the results where inconclusive,Or just maybe they had it configured incorrectly ,or it wouldn't work properly on their llu kit ,But there again they did only test using their own supplied routers IIFC, So it may of been down to that, and they also IMO oddly part of their testing period was with the connection interleaved,and probably with a default margin setting,

UkOnline are the only other ISP i know that have ever offered SRA with them it was used as an alternative for interleave or higher margins

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 14-Mar-13 09:47:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Mar-13 23:07:29
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

A&A were offering SRA on BE Wholesale lines longer after the BE SRA trial ended - not sure they still do though

Be* Unlimited
Standard User techguy
(committed) Thu 14-Mar-13 23:20:43
Print Post

Thanks all.

Connection is very steady and had a boost of about 400k since switching to the 7800N

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Mar-13 23:35:51
Print Post

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

That may be the case,Until 02 pulled the plug on it, But the point i was making or part of it at least was that SRAwould have to be enabled on the Dslam /Isam
The wholesale partner or Isp probably won't be given the option of utilizing SRA By o2 wholesale , It certainly isn't advertised as an available option,

Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Mar-13 00:15:08
Print Post

As far as I know, SRA is a feature available on most if not all BE MSAN's now - it's just BE choose not to offer it as an option post trial home for home, but it was still an option available via Wholesale albeit as a beta test after the BE trial ended

It may be that if you get to speak to the right person within any of the BE Wholesale resellers, you could get it systems enabled (just like UKOnline) although I've not see any evidence for at least a year of this happening

This was the same case with fastpath in the early days of BE

Be* Unlimited
  Print Thread

Jump to