User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 13:56:44
Print Post

Xilo support.....needs serious improvements ..?

[link to this post]

Tried both the sales and support numbers during today and the past hour or so which are both constantly engaged,wanted to ask a number of questions regarding my broadband connection which is fine and stable and has always been extremely reliable.

Was wandering if there was a upgrade for my line which currently supports around 12 meg download speeds,website is really confusing and when I put my phone number in it lists every product known to man but does not specify what is available on my line.

My gripe is not xilo service which has been superb for a number of years but the fact it's vitually impossible to talk with a actual person and the last time I achieved this I found that particular guy rude and totally unhelpful .

It's about once a year I may ring up with a question,and today was actually regarding a friend who now requires broadband.

I'm seriously now wandering in pointing her in a different direction as her knowledge regarding broadband is not very good and if she has a problem then judging by the actual answering of calls I think she may become somewhat frustrated and I'm not sticking my neck on the line here for a company that seriously needs to update there call answering services and have polite people in a polite manner respond in a customer friendly way.

I always feel that you are actually wasting there time as they seem to have little to no interest in what your problem is.

Funny thing is when I first acquired broadband of them and before the direct debit kicked in and the connection they were brilliant.....what happens once they have your custom is completely different.

Taking a wild guess have you got a single person on sales and a single person on support as I have better things to do with my time than spend hours dialling numbers which are constantly engaged.

Still trying now since 10am this morning,even the sales chat link that flashes at the top right of the screen gives the message ..we are unable to chat right now.

May i make a suggestion and you put into force some normal queuing system which tells the customer how long there wait will be and what position in the queue they actually are and a estimated time that you will answer the call,this is basics enforced by most Companies,even the ringback facility does not work so its a painful exercise to say the least and I'm really considering going elsewhere even though the broadband is not my problem .

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Jun-13 14:13:33)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jun-13 15:08:56
Print Post

Re: Xilo support.....needs serious improvements ..?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Thanks for the comments - they are appreciated.

We are extremely busy on the phones, I can't deny that and we've already placed job advertisements in the normal places for some new starters to alleviate support queues on the phones and we're doing all we can to answer as many as possible.

Sales via phone have been limited to web-site only orders to slow any increase in customer numbers and email tickets are still being turned around usually within an hour, and well within our internal SLA for tickets. As always, we still preference support for existing customers over and above sales.

Do feel free to drop a ticket in for my attention and will happily give you a call.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 18:46:03
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

So Matt the structure in place regarding your phone line help desk means to get any valid response or talk to anyone i have to come on here and complain and then drop you a ticket as you say and you will give me a call.

I rang both numbers today at least 50 times between the hours of 10am and 3pm,after that i basically gave up and have made up my mind to migrate to another company.

To me you have a serious problem regarding customer care,a website thats totally confusing to anyone unless they are completely broadband savvy,and to add insult to injury when on the odd occasion you do get through to somebody they sound like they want to get back to reading a book or doing something as long as it's not been helpful and talking to you .

May be its a case that a few years back you could do no wrong and everyone was singing your praises,now as you have grown larger the flaws are starting to show as more and more discontented posts are turning up on here regarding the Customer support process and the fact we have an ISP that the majority can not get in touch with unless you come on here shouting your mouth of.

Give me a reason Matt and a Guarantee why i should stay with Xilo when the communication is such a problem,i have openly admitted the broadband speeds are fine and dandy,but i need convincing that you are going to review and change your processes as quickly as possibly so customer like myself can speak directly with there isp.

How would you like to be ringing up a company that you deal with,who provides you with a service ,yet are totally unreachable at the best of times and then totally unhelpful when you do on the odd occasion you get through.

5 hours of constant ringing and I'm now repeating myself over and over again.how you get any new business is beyond belief as nobody answers and you must be loosing customers hands over feet.

And i know you can place a order through your website but certain individuals if not quite a few like the chance to talk to the person/persons who are going to provide the service.

And what exactly does this paragraph below supposed to tell me.

Sales via phone have been limited to web-site only orders to slow any increase in customer numbers and email tickets are still being turned around usually within an hour, and well within our internal SLA for tickets. As always, we still preference support for existing customers over and above sales.

So i take from that that you have no intention of answering the sales number unless someone on the website fills in a broadband order.

So what about the support number...............2 numbers totally out of reach to any Xilo Customer once your up and running........Thats what that paragraph says to me.

Once we got your order don't bother ringing us for advice or help because you wont get through and we only talk to people via email and tickets......Bye Bye.

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Jun-13 19:04:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jun-13 18:54:01
Print Post

I've suggested dropping a ticket for my attention so that I know who you are, just by this post I do not. There are no references to "time2die" our end, so you could be anyone and due to that, I cannot just call you without one. I don't expect you to post your phone number either.

Do get in touch, or give me some way to identify you - i'll be happy to call you and go over any concerns. I look forward to speaking with you.

As already noted, we're aware of issues contacting us at times and have taken steps to work this as best as possible and will have some new starters to alleviate current busy times as quickly as possible.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 19:12:51
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Tomorrow morning a shall endeavour to find your contact details on your not so friendly website construction,i shall give you the benefit of the doubt and provide the account information you require to identify which customer is complaining.

But as of this moment its best you don't talk to me as I've just wasted a complete day trying to contact my isp provider with a potential new customer who needs a fast reliable broadband connection and a question or two of my own.

Sorry i inconvenienced you as a customer.
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Sat 29-Jun-13 09:14:17
Print Post

Hi

I'm with Xilo and they have been great, although I've never called them but tickets have been responded to very quickly. I prefer a ticket system when it works (and it appears to with Xilo as they are responded to quickly) as you have a record of what has been said and done.

Contact details for calling I found in one click, visit http://www.xilo.net/ then click "Contact" in the top right hand corner to visit the contact page, here there are three tabs each of which contain contact details for your preferred method which is Email, Telephone or Postal address. Can not see how they could make it any easier to find contact details on their website.

Hope you get your questions answered.

Regards

Phil
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Jul-13 16:27:57
Print Post

Re: Xilo Support....Updated Information

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Update.......

I have never ever questioned xilo broadband service and like you I think it's great.

My gripe was out of frustration of not been able to get through on the phone and I got extremely frustrated and decided to post my thoughts.

However I have spoken with Matt today and has now instilled me with confidence and I will not be thinking of migrating as I was last week.

Credit where it's due he explained the situation and the phone line problems at the time and has told me that things have changed and I won't experience the Same frustration again.

Obviously there will be times when a line is Engaged and I appreciate that,but have been informed that the system in place will take my details and I will get a ring back.

I admire that Matt took 20 minutes to speak to me and I now feel reassured as a valued customer of Xilo.

Infact I have even enquired about fibre wink

Anyway nice hearing from The Company and rage now over .....smile

Edited by time2die (Tue 02-Jul-13 16:30:22)

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Tue 02-Jul-13 17:52:31
Print Post

Glad to hear you've been reassured and are staying.
I've just started a migration in so good to hear more positive feedback.

Phone systems aren't always the best way to communicate. I had to call my losing provider today after they incorrectly told me my voice line was being migrated and agreed to go on hold before remembering I was calling from Germany on my mobile smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Jul-13 20:09:31
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

As far as the broadband connection then it's been superb and I doubt you will have cause for concern there.
  Print Thread

Jump to