User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 14:54:53
Print Post

Recommend me a Broadband Supplier had it with Xilo...

[link to this post]

Someone on here please recommend a decent Broadband supplier without restrictions and blocking of sites,i have just about lost the plot with trying to contact Xilo on there sales/support numbers since 10am this morning which if you read my other post are constantly engaged.

Daft thing is there broadband is wonderful but its the rest thats useless,like when you want to actually give them some extra business as i do with a friend that requires Broadband but its impossible to get through.

I also had a question regarding my own line and possible upgrade but again its like flogging a dead horse.i know the guy called Matt is pro/active on these forums and i wasn't intending to plaster my gripes all over the think broadband forums but the last time i had a concern and sent him a personal private message he declined and ignored it so thats why its on here.

Now its not surprising that your phone structure you have put in place in your place of work is so appalling Matt and im not surprised that on occasions which is rare indeed that i have managed to get through i find the person very rude and not helpful and somewhat ignorant to my concern/problems.

Saying that when the spokesman like yourself is pro/active on here and also does not reply to private messages i send him then am i surprised.

I did not bother sending you a PM this time Matt and my concerns regarding xilo are now for all to see which in all fairness is the correct procedure.

Let me clarify that i have been with xilo for 4 years and your broadband service has been exceptional in most cases but your customer service is none existent,and on occasions customers have the right to speak to there broadband supplier and in your case there is more chance of having a conversation with the prime minister.

There is a saying ..you get what you pay for and myself and the girlfriend are certainly paying a premium to you guys which amounts to just under £30.

For that sort of money not only do i expect a stable fast broadband connection i also expect to be able to speak with the person/persons who supplies me and treats me like a valid customer.

Think today taking into account what we pay and the fact i was going to recommend a friend you have just lost £60 a month if not more once people start reading this.

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Jun-13 15:01:05)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jun-13 15:10:44
Print Post

Re: Recommend me a Broadband Supplier had it with Xilo...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Just to say, I didn't decline or ignore any PM.

They are not enabled on here, so it wasn't deliberate or intentional. You can always drop me a ticket via your account so I know who you are, securely, and then I am happy to call you - that's never been a problem, just as I have updated your other threads.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User bob12345
(learned) Wed 26-Jun-13 16:24:25
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

I was thinking of joining , after reading the posters comments i am unsure, why have you not addressed the posters concerns regarding not been able to speak support and always engaged? this has cropped up a few times on here.

Are you going to address these problems ?

bob

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Jun-13 16:25:24
Print Post

[re: bob12345] [link to this post]

It was addressed in another of the OPs posts.

Edit: Post is here.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Wed 26-Jun-13 16:35:37)

Standard User bob12345
(learned) Wed 26-Jun-13 16:31:50
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Matt, thats, not a very helpful reply for people like me who are thinking of joining , why are your lines engaged at times, is there not enough staff?

Bob
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 19:01:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by bob12345:
Matt, thats, not a very helpful reply for people like me who are thinking of joining , why are your lines engaged at times, is there not enough staff?

Bob

There not engaged at times mate they are engaged continually,think very carefully before committing,there broadband service is excellent but if you need to speak with anyone then you may find yourself in a spot of trouble,and if you want any help then look elsewhere.

Problem is people presume that everybody is Broadband savvy and this is not the case,just setting up a router and a wireless network is a task to many people especially the older brigade find frustrating and difficult,i have lost count how many people i have helped out on this housing estate i moved to 4 years ago.

Even general basics confuse the hell out of a lot of people,try explaining to a 60 year old how to get into the routers settings and changing the security key.

Obviously the above paragraph has nothing to do with xilo who will more than likely claim its not there problem anyway.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 26-Jun-13 21:43:42
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Even general basics confuse the hell out of a lot of people,try explaining to a 60 year old how to get into the routers settings and changing the security key.
Oi!
tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Wed 26-Jun-13 22:08:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by bob12345:

Bob

Cross posting is frowned upon on the Thinkbroadband forums which is no doubt why Matt linked to the other thread rather than just reposing.

As someone who has been a customer of theirs since November (and I have no connection to them other than as a customer) I am more than happy to vouch for what has been said about the ticket turnaround times, any issues I've had have been resolved extremely rapidly and I have never felt as though I was being fobbed off, the service speed is excellent too.

They are a very small company so that would explain the long waits and engaged tones, if your service is up and running drop them a ticket as Matt suggests as you'll not be left waiting for a response.

It is definitely worth joining Bob, a friend of mine also signed up after being with Orange for a number of years and he too is very pleased with the change in all respects.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Kimi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jun-13 22:15:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by time2die:
Oi!
tongue

I thought you were in your 70's Bob grin
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 26-Jun-13 22:38:08
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

No, I became semi-mature in the 70's.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 26-Jun-13 22:38:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to