User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JPT
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Sep-13 16:46:07
Print Post

utility warehouse

[link to this post]

Hi,

I did search the forums but cant see much on them . In a nutshell my uncle has switched from talktalk to them via one of their agents.

All worked well when the router plugged in but since then they have had nothing but grief. Basically firefox just doesnt respond with a page not found. They spoke with their tech department and was advised not to use FF as its not an approved browser.Funny as IE also times out but they say they cant help.

Has he gone from out of the frying pan into the fire? Are they a TT reseller ?

Just after some background info from you guys rather than just google reviews.

Thanks

Xbox Live tag: Juliant001
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Sep-13 18:57:15
Print Post

Re: utility warehouse

[re: JPT] [link to this post]

UW usually buy a TalkTalk wholesale service, so performance can vary greatly from the TalkTalk retail service, i.e. they can buy less capacity than what TalkTalk give their own customers.

Main thing is to figure out why pages are not showing up, e.g. if its failed DNS lookups then reconfigure PC to use different DNS e.g. google ones of 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 OR is it the connection dropping out (i.e. check modem status pages) OR congestion as in they buy little capacity and oversell it.

At the simplest level run http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and see what speeds they get as a starting point.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to