User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kraker2k
(newbie) Wed 23-Oct-13 10:53:33
Print Post

Getting fedup with UKFSN

[link to this post]

So Tuesday night, 15th of October last week, my broadband connection went down out of the blue. I contacted UKFSN support the next day on the phone and was told the supplier had cancelled all the connections and it was out of their hands.

I was told I had the choice of being transferred to an Entanet based line that was working and I agreed to do so. I was told it would take up to 5 working days for the line to be transferred but nothing has come up yet. I rang up today and was told it will now take up to Friday to complete.

Frankly being out of internet for over a week is very disruptive, especially when I have people in the house who rely on it, younger brothers who go to highschool and need the net to submit homework and look up information.

I'm at a loss for what to do, shall I wait until Friday and hope the new connection comes online?
Or shall I look into a new provider and hope to get a better service from them?
Standard User manthatcan123
(newbie) Wed 23-Oct-13 11:46:53
Print Post

Re: Getting fedup with UKFSN

[re: Kraker2k] [link to this post]

Funnily enough, the same thing happened to me, I e-mailed and was very surprised when I got a reply, which said I must have changed something to do with my phone line, I replied saying that nothing had changed, I then called the LLU Support Number to discuss the problem, someone answered and said that this was just for accounts and that I would have to email support.

I said that I had already done this and had a reply, but I would like to discuss the issue, I left my number for Jason to call me, nothing came.

I had taken advice from another provider who said that as my line was clear I was free to sign up to them or any other provider of my choice, I decided to do this, as I have become very unhappy with the lack of support, I did actually ask for my MAC some months back, which again I never received, so took this as an opportunity to move to another provider.

I put the order in last Wednesday afternoon and by the evening I was back up and running again.

I did receive a mail from UKFSN on the Thursday saying that Daisy wholesale had ceased the line for no reason, and it was looking unlikely they could get it back on again anytime soon and I should move to another LLU Service provided by O2, but on the next line of the e-mail it said this was unavailable at my exchange, there was also options for fibre.

I replied to this saying that I was not happy by any means, and that e-mails go unanswered, including one for my MAC, and because of that I would like to leave UKFSN. To date I have had no reply.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Oct-13 22:16:53
Print Post

Firstly I apologise that you feel let down. The action taken by Daisy came without any notice and they have still not provided an acceptable explanation or response. Of course that is my problem not yours.

That being said it seems you may have misunderstood what 5 working days means. it means Monday to Friday only so an order processed on Thursday evening or Friday morning will complete the following Friday.

If you want me to cancel the order in progress you need to contact me directly (via email) and state that this is what you want.

UK Free Software Network
http://www.ukfsn.org/
ADSL Broadband, Hosting, Domains, SSL and more

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User partial
(member) Wed 23-Oct-13 23:26:41
Print Post

UK Free Software Network Ltd was dissolved back in June.

The few remaining companies that supply or deal with them are going to be increasingly nervous about being exposed to them.

To continue to receive service, It's time to bail.
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Oct-13 12:43:20
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
UK Free Software Network Ltd was dissolved back in June.

The few remaining companies that supply or deal with them are going to be increasingly nervous about being exposed to them.

To continue to receive service, It's time to bail.

Yes, the Ltd company was dissolved. You are not exactly the bearer of news however. I announced this to UKFSN customers and suppliers in June and came to new agreements with suppliers to continue providing services as normal.

Daisy managed to terminate UKFSN customer connections through an act of incompetence. Their incompetence has no bearing on the relationship I have with Entanet, who are the only supplier I am now using for broadband, or with any of the other suppliers used at UKFSN.

Your post appears to serve no purpose other than to try and attack UKFSN without any good foundation.

UK Free Software Network
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Oct-13 16:01:29
Print Post

[re: ukfsn] [link to this post]

Bit worrying that they can just cancel your service without any knowledge and for no reason other than being abit useless.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Oct-13 17:00:32
Print Post

More worrying that you did not contact custs immediately informing them that you were unable to continue providing the service you contracted to provide and that only by phoning you did they find out.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Oct-13 13:57:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
More worrying that you did not contact custs immediately informing them that you were unable to continue providing the service you contracted to provide and that only by phoning you did they find out.

I did email every customer affected to inform them of the situation. The email was sent to every email address we had on record for each customer.

UK Free Software Network
Standard User ukfsn
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Oct-13 13:58:24
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Bit worrying that they can just cancel your service without any knowledge and for no reason other than being abit useless.

Indeed. For this reason I wont be using Daisy Wholesale again.

UK Free Software Network
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 25-Oct-13 14:03:02
Print Post

How would they get emails with no internet service?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to