User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Sat 16-Nov-13 01:44:20
Print Post

Is this unusual with Xilo or are they always this bad?

[link to this post]

I'm one of the few left on O2 who need to move away from O2 before Sky move me permanently on to there platform etc been having a nose around here and thought i'd ring Xilo and speak to them well i rang there o800 line and it was busy no people to speak too, well that's ok we all get busy sometimes, i was going to leave a message and they could call me back when less busy, but there was no option to do this just said contact us via chat, bit miffed at that but thought it's ok i can deal with that, then went to chat and told nobody around to take take the chat.

What is going on with these guys are they always this bad at dealing with calls? It seems a crazy way to run a business.

All1

Edited by alloneword (Sat 16-Nov-13 01:44:39)

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sat 16-Nov-13 03:32:09
Print Post

Re: Is this unusual with Xilo or are they always this bad?

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Xilo is overflowing with new customers

time to hire some more staff.

Cincinnati Bell - FIoptics 10/2
Sky Unlimited 14/1 (awaiting fibre install "again")
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Nov-13 04:05:00
Print Post

We're busy on sales but won't prioritise those queries over our existing customers, it would be unfair to do so.

You are more than welcome to drop a message on the contact form on the site our email our sales address as the recorded message suggests and we're able to get to those much quicker, usually within minutes during the day.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Allan1
(member) Sat 16-Nov-13 18:56:03
Print Post

I'm with Xilo. Never tried phoning them but their replies to questions posted on their community site, and the response to questions raised via their ticket system is consistently speedy.
Allan

Al
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Sat 16-Nov-13 20:41:58
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
We're busy on sales but won't prioritise those queries over our existing customers, it would be unfair to do so.
I get that Matt and that's fine to some degree but to ring a company and get a brick wall only to be told to contact via chat and be faced with another brick wall makes me worry like hell, I mean last time i looked there were a few people on the dole none of these want a job? hell this kind of work can even be done by a homeworker.

In reply to a post by uno:
You are more than welcome to drop a message on the contact form on the site our email our sales address as the recorded message suggests and we're able to get to those much quicker, usually within minutes during the day.
Sure that might be an idea but if any company refuses (or can't employ enough staff to cover it's call volume) to chat to it's customers it puts me off, i'm sorry. Not made my final decision yet but it looks like it may be plusnet which is a shame to be honest as i'd rather go for a smaller ISP, oh well just a heads up for others maybe i caught you on a bad day.

All1
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Nov-13 21:05:40
Print Post

We are currently not able to deliver any results on the number entered. This could be because it is a new number, not an active BT Wholesale service or one that is incompatible with broadband.

Is the errornous message i always have got when i tried their checker tool, and i'm not the only one
My line is a standard BTwholsale active line, and it has been so for the past 7yrs and i have in that time had several different ISP and broadband products
it's not my number or line it's the xilo checker

So you may save time if you input your telephone number into that first
xilo adslchecker ,because if you too get the same error you won't be able to place an order with xilo/uno unless matt can do a manual override these days

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 16-Nov-13 21:14:35)

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Nov-13 12:29:23
Print Post

I agree that this does not look good at all and does create a bad impression. Just from a marketing point of view it needs to be sorted.

However, emails and tickets have always had a fast turnaround. I have my web hosting and FTTC with Xilo and could not be happier - and I am the first to complain when something does not go right.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Sat 23-Nov-13 12:29:43)

Standard User alloneword
(regular) Sat 23-Nov-13 15:11:52
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

OK thanks for that DrT i'm still unsure on where to go right now so keeping my options open but do need to make up my mind sooner or later.

All1
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Nov-13 15:50:14
Print Post

You're welcome.

Give ADSL 24 a look, they are good too.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Sun 24-Nov-13 08:17:47
Print Post

I've looked at Uno/Xilo several times but am always put off by one thing: despite their representative here having the URL for Uno in their sig there is nothing there.

I've been through 3 separate year-long contracts with different ISPs and when shopping around for a new one i always click on the Uno URL only to find that they're STILL "not quite there yet". It's hardly confidence inspiring that they keep advertising that URL and haven't been able to even slap up a basic website in 3 years (4 according to the Whois).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to