User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-13 21:43:47
Print Post

Vivaciti

[link to this post]

Been with Vivaciti 2 years now, with wholesaler Obit who were then swallowed up by Daisy. I must say apart from some strange goings on this year from February to around October where the speed would peak at maximum speed then drop a couple of megabits lower (16.4 down to 11). This was blamed as congestion and was fixed around 9 October this year.

I have to say that I test every hour with multiple threaded downloads and since early October the Daisy connection has been 17 megabit on every test with no slowdowns at any time.

Long may it continue, I am really pleased with speed, customer service and reliability of Vivaciti. Thanks Karl, Glenn and others at Vivaciti.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Dec-13 12:38:23
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Thank you, we do try.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User partial
(member) Wed 11-Dec-13 21:25:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
From February to around October where the speed would peak at maximum speed then drop a couple of megabits lower (16.4 down to 11). This was blamed as congestion and was fixed around 9 October this year.

Seven months of congestion? BT, TalkTalk and Sky punters wouldn't stand for that. Glad you are happy with the service. crazy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Dec-13 22:23:14
Print Post

I have to say that I test every hour with multiple threaded downloads and since early October the Daisy connection has been 17 megabit on every test with no slowdowns at any time.
tongue smile
Have you thought about getting your obsessive compulsive behaviour treated? tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Dec-13 22:29:35
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
From February to around October where the speed would peak at maximum speed then drop a couple of megabits lower (16.4 down to 11). This was blamed as congestion and was fixed around 9 October this year.

Seven months of congestion? BT, TalkTalk and Sky punters wouldn't stand for that. Glad you are happy with the service. crazy

I was still getting 11 mbit constant now its 17. When I was with Zen peak times were down to 1 mbit.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Banger (Wed 11-Dec-13 22:30:32)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Dec-13 22:31:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
tongue smile
Have you thought about getting your obsessive compulsive behaviour treated? tongue

I actually have OCD so not really that funny. The testing is automated.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Dec-13 22:54:06
Print Post

Well a good start then would be to turn off the speed testing schedule. You know it serves no purpose at that level. How about twice a day?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Dec-13 01:05:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

On the contrary, I get nice graphs, it shows me when there are dips in speed for peak times and their are non on my Daisy connection. It is a similar app to TBB Meter.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Dec-13 18:40:44
Print Post

what are you checking for the test. I have a tool called zabbix, which I use to test connections to web sites etc, but how are you checking the throughout of the ADSL link?

IanD
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Dec-13 20:08:28
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Jack Dinn's Auto Speed Tester.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread