User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User user7423
(member) Wed 22-Jan-14 07:10:59
Print Post

ADSL24 / Coms Plc login problems

[link to this post]

Not for myself, but my friend who is with ADSL24 was told by letter or email (sorry bad memory not sure which they got) last week that they would have to change their login on the router, as their service was being moved over to Coms Plc network. This was supposed to happen yesterday.

They tried the new login details, no internet and were told by ADSL24 / Coms support (I presume) that there was problem that was affecting a small amount of people out of the change over, and would be corrected by 7pm last night, which never happened, they still have no internet connection.

What I want to know is, as there has been no mention here, apart from the old thread
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/otherisp/t/4286835-...
that users would be required to change their router login and received a notification in the last week to do so, has anybody else received it, did they change over yesterday and did they have a problem also.

Just thought I would have seen a post here previously about this change due to happen this week and enquire as to whether this is another cock up like in the previous thread or genuine.

Thanks

Edited by user7423 (Wed 22-Jan-14 07:12:02)

Standard User PaulComs
(newbie) Wed 22-Jan-14 10:38:47
Print Post

Re: ADSL24 / Coms Plc login problems

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

Morning,

All users should have received a letter and email regarding the migration from ADSL24 legacy suppliers to the Coms platform. This would include information on credentials, dates and enhancements to their packages.
Any users that are experiencing difficulties can call the team on 01457 600024 or see the FAQ's at https://adsl24.co.uk/faqsection.html.

If your friend would like to PM me with their user details I'll ensure their profile is checked and get them back online.

Many Thanks,
Paul
Standard User user7423
(member) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:41:08
Print Post

[re: PaulComs] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, just spoke to them and they are back online.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulComs
(newbie) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:43:15
Print Post

Great news.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:43:27
Print Post

[re: PaulComs] [link to this post]

Some people may be unwilling to PM their user details to a 'newbie'

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User svendhhh
(newbie) Fri 24-Jan-14 09:12:22
Print Post

I've also been having issues since the migration. It started the night before the scheduled migration. Spent last night talking to support trying to work out what it might be. Today they'll "get an engineer to look into it".

Three days without internet. Hope it will get sorted today.

Starting to think that it might be the router that has died, but it seems like too much of a coincident that it should have died just before the migration (unless something related to the migration might have killed it).
ISP Representative PaulComs
(isp) Fri 24-Jan-14 09:23:42
Print Post

[re: svendhhh] [link to this post]

Morning Svendhhh

If you would like to drop me a Pm with your ticket number or phone number that your broadband is on, I'll ensure that the ticket is being worked on as a priority (if its not already)

Thanks,
Paul

Operations Director
Coms.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User user7423
(member) Sat 25-Jan-14 08:21:41
Print Post

I hope it gets sorted out for you quickly.

I know my friends dad was on the phone to support in the evening for a total of an hour and half and nothing was resolved until the next day with their connection.

I know he is not too impressed at the moment and was talking yesterday of moving, as he was quite happy with being on C&W LLU, I know Vivaciti do C&W LLU (which I am on) and I think Xilo do (I may contact them to find out for sure) and he may switch to one of those to get back on C&W LLU if is not happy with the connection etc.
Standard User svendhhh
(newbie) Tue 28-Jan-14 09:04:39
Print Post

It got sorted Sunday. Apparently there was something the "suppliers" needed doing, and then it worked again. Not sure if the suppliers are BT? Anyway, I've got internet again smile
Standard User user7423
(member) Wed 29-Jan-14 07:44:57
Print Post

Glad it was eventually resolved for you and your back online.
  Print Thread

Jump to