User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AK47
(newbie) Wed 22-Jan-14 17:13:57
Print Post

ADSL24 > Coms migration. What could possibly go wrong?

[link to this post]

As gut instinct told me, when reading the letter date 10th January from Coms, this could go horribly wrong.

My connection was "migrated" late on Monday afternoon, 20th.

When my router dropped I fed in the new username/password a directed on the recently received letter.

I found that I had been moved from my comfy C&W LLU connection, that had worked so well for over 5 years, to a basic 8meg dslmax via........ Entanet! This hardly filled me with joy. Remember the Entanet 21cn farce of 5 years ago? Well that's what led me to choose the CW LLU option in the first place. If memory serves me well didn't ADSL24 completely move away from Enta due to the problems?

Tuesday.
Connection dropped and the router was unable to get sync. It was dead. Not even the most faintest whiff of a connection.
Rang the support number and was told to check username/pass? How that would sort anything I don't know when the router isn't connecting to anything never mind radius.

Problem was kicked upstream and a call back was promised which never materialised.

Left it 3-4 hours and switched router on again to find it now syncs at 12meg and the router now reports I'm on ADSL2+. I'm not getting passed radius though due to an "authentification error."

I waited on the support line for 15 mins only to be told "All profiles are being reset, try again later." Could they not have put that as a message on the switchboard?

Tried another hour later and it all worked fine. Phew, thank god for that.

But.....

Today, Wednesday.
Lost sync this morning and it came back at 7763/747 up/down with double the noise margin.
This is history repeating itself as far as me and Enta are concerned.

I'll give it a few days to see how this pans out but all I can see is me moving away.

RIP ADSL24

m00

Edited by AK47 (Wed 22-Jan-14 17:16:20)

Standard User PaulComs
(newbie) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:11:38
Print Post

Re: ADSL24 > Coms migration. What could possibly go wrong?

[re: AK47] [link to this post]

Hello AK47

Genuinely sorry to hear you are having stability issues. Not the intention to disrupt service, we will get it back on track for you.
It is true that the service has moved from C&W and I want to clarify that no users have been moved to a connection where the underlying provider is Enta. Your connection may have been set to an Annex M profile incorrectly which was one of c10 usesr affected. The error was corrected about 9.30pm last night.

I will go through the call logs and tickets to check why you didn't receive a call back, that's not a good start and we need to do better.

Happy to take this up with you personally to resolve and again I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the fluctuating speeds whilst the line retrains, I have dropped you a PM with my contact details.

Many thanks for giving us another go,

Paul

Paul Richens
Operations Director
Coms.com
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:21:55
Print Post

[re: PaulComs] [link to this post]

Your broadband service on s due to be migrated to Coms on Thursday 23rdJanuary 2014.

We’re committed to providing you with the best possible broadband service through our future proof network and infrastructure and this is an important step in fully integrating all of our ADSL24 customers into Coms.

As promised there are no changes to your price or contract and your service won’t be downgraded in any way. You should have received a letter this week explaining everything in more detail and we have answered some common questions below to ensure the transfer to Coms is as seamless as possible:

What changes do I need to make?

The good news is there are no changes to your broadband username or password. As with any migration your connection may drop for a very short amount of time when your service switches over to Coms. If your service does not automatically reconnect after a few minutes you may need to reset your router. To reset your router simply unplug it from the mains, leave for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Will I retain my static IP address?

We realise a static IP address is essential for many of our customers. So all ADSL24 customers moved to Coms will have a static IP address. Unfortunately we cannot transfer your existing static IP address to your new service. You will be assigned a new static IP address the first time you connect to our network.

Who do I contact if I need any help or advice?

Our Support Team are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the unlikely event you experience any issues following the migration of your service or if you have any questions please call a member of the team on 01457 600024.

If you have any questions regarding these changes why not visit our frequently asked questions page by clicking here.

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Coms and we look forward to providing your service going forward.

Kind regards,

The Coms Team

What letter is this i was meant to get? I got one which was the FAQ a before xmas, but nothing this month. is that because my username/password arent changing?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:24:15
Print Post

Paul,

Some of ADSL24's customers including myself were moved to a partial LLU service, where the broadband side of the telephone line would be supplied by Talk Talk Wholesale. Are we being moved back to a BT Wholesale product?

I'm being moved over tomorrow.

Edited by Gari (Wed 22-Jan-14 20:25:19)

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:25:36
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

Gari, i just got this PM from Paul

Thanks for getting in touch

1 - Who is supplying the actual broadband? Is it still Daisy Group?
We've moved form Daisy to our own network. If you are moving tomorrow then the underlying provider was TTB and it will remain on TTB. As there is no jumper change involved I'd hope that migration will be a short drop off and on again. If you use your static IP then you should have received your new one. if not let me know and I'll make sure you have it in time.

2 - Will we still get unlimited usage after midnight and at weekends like with adsl24?
We've extended so you will have unlimited usage from 8pm to 8am and yes it will remain unlimited all weekend.
Standard User PaulComs
(newbie) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:27:25
Print Post

Hi Gari

Pleased to say that if TTB is your underlying provider it will remain on TTB. As there is no exchange work involved the migration it should be a simple drop off and on again.

Thanks and please do let me know if you have any issues tomorrow,
Paul
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:28:21
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Bob,

I got an e-mail telling me that I'm being moved over tomorrow. My log in username / pw isn't changing, the same as you. I have only received the one letter in the post which was the one before Christmas. I did wonder about any additional letter too.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:29:32
Print Post

I know its probably out of your hands, but do you know if the switchover will happen in the early hours of tomorrow morning? Previous change of isp/suppliers have
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:30:07
Print Post

I suspect its only C&W customers who have a change in details got one. We dont have to do anything so probably why no letter
Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 20:31:51
Print Post

Paul,

Many thanks for your quick reply and I'm pleased to hear that things will stay the same, as they have been very reliable.

Also, it's very nice to have a presence from Coms on here, and thanks for taking the time to answer questions from us miserable lot.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to