User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vivacitiuser
(newbie) Thu 20-Feb-14 21:50:45
Print Post

Major Vivaciti outage

[link to this post]

Am a Vivaciti user. ADSL disconnected around 2pm today.
Their outsourced technical support dept. advise that Vivaciti were migrating customer lines to new wholesale provider today, failed to issue all customers with new login credentials for the router. Apparently quite a few customers affected, and tech support has been receiving calls all day.

Connecting via 3G, still no sign of matter being resolved, vivaciti forums are down with the following message:
Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are running some maintenance.

We will be back soon... (We hopesmile

Interestingly I'm unable to sync at all, whereas if it was a credentials issue I'd have expected to get further along the process, and receive specific auth errors. I didn't receive any emails warning of this migration today - not terribly impressed with the lack of notice.

There are no updates from the company either on its website or twitter account.

Is there a Vivaciti rep on this board, and if so may we have an update?
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Feb-14 23:08:53
Print Post

Re: Major Vivaciti outage

[re: vivacitiuser] [link to this post]

Every customer received an email in advance letting them know that there would be a change and giving the details of the new username and password. It sounds like you have gone through to the Entanet support desk rather than our own support desk, I can see that there are no unanswered support tickets or emails about cannot connect, have you sent one in?

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Feb-14 00:33:30
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Is Vivaciti still using Daisy? Starting to get the jitters here.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13914...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User user7423
(member) Fri 21-Feb-14 06:16:31
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I am on C&W LLU, I have not received an email, so I presume I am not being moved, but like yourself it is worrying, as I am quite happy with my connection and would not want to be moved from C&W LLU.

If I am being moved and have not received the email, I will switch to Xilo, as I know they do the same service, as I enquired recently on someone elses behalf (due to the ADSL24 move to Coms network) and is actually cheaper with Xilo also.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Feb-14 07:40:44
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

It was only people that we had connecting through the O2 Wholesale network that have had the change as the O2 Wholesale network is being closed down.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
(newbie) Fri 21-Feb-14 10:49:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by vivacitiuser:
I didn't receive any emails warning of this migration today - not terribly impressed with the lack of notice.

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
Every customer received an email in advance letting them know that there would be a change and giving the details of the new username and password.

While Vivaciti may have arranged to have these emails sent out, the statement that every customer received them is not true. As I stated above, I received no email about this matter. Further, this would appear to contradict what your technical support rep said about receiving calls all day from Vivaciti customers affected by this issue (not having received their new usernames and passwords). Whether one can get through to the Entanet support desk by calling your numbers is not something I would know anything about.
(newbie) Fri 21-Feb-14 11:27:41
Print Post

Re: Major Vivaciti outage *DELETED*

Post deleted by vivacitiuser
Standard User user7423
(member) Fri 21-Feb-14 12:33:23
Print Post

Thank you for the clarification.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Feb-14 13:27:45
Print Post

[re: vivacitiuser] [link to this post]

Can you let us know the ticket number you opened so we can see whats going on for you.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
(newbie) Fri 21-Feb-14 15:28:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
Can you let us know the ticket number you opened so we can see whats going on for you.

Well as the line switchover yesterday took out both my voice and data services - I don't even have a dialtone on the landline 'phone - I called in rather than using a ticket system. You've already referred this fault onto BT for me.

It seems that a BT engineer made an error, and as a result this needs to be scheduled as a phone line fault, first available appointment for an engineer next Wednesday morning. A bit of a hassle, but doesn't appear to be Vivaciti at fault.

Just wanted to update the thread with what is happening, thanks.

Edited by vivacitiuser (Fri 21-Feb-14 15:52:24)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to