User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 28-Feb-14 19:47:58
Print Post

Any other tests I can run?

[link to this post]

Speed seems to have dropped today from 3.46 Meg to under 1 Meg (got a 4288 profile on a TTB connection through Xilo)

Matt and co at Xilo have been their usual, extremely helpful selves and are currently monitoring the circuit to see what has gone wrong.

On my end I've swapped from my Billion 7800N to a Netgear N300 I keep as a backup but this hasn't helped at all.

Plugged in a BT branded corded phone I keep for emergencies and troubleshooting and have run a quiet line test and can't detect any noise.

Only thing I've not done yet is swap the filter or plugged the ADSL flylead directly into the router (as have two, one from the filter to a surge protector and one from the surge to the router)

Apart from those is there anything else I can try?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 28-Feb-14 22:21:00
Print Post

Re: Any other tests I can run?

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Take the surge protector out for a few minutes, and see what it's like without it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to