Tonight since about 10 or 11pm I've noticed both usenet and torrents being throttled to about 350kB/sec. I thought it was originally something amiss at my end so I've tried other servers etc but all remain capped at approx 350kB/sec. I checked the settings and its nothing wrong at my end.
Normal http downloads seem unaffected and so does video streaming. They come in at around 730kB/sec which for me is my max speed.
I've been a long long time customer of ADSL24 and very happy overall with their level of service and support. I was weary of this coms migration as when companies get taken over, the service can sometimes suffer but I'll give coms a chance. The actual changeover went okay, no loss of service that was noticeable. The only couple of noticeable things are that the 'my account' page on the coms site where I could previously change my line options is greyed out and that my usage data was blank for 1 -15th Feb and only came back from 15th Feb onwards. I opened a ticket and eventually got told it was due to the changeover (well d'uh) and just to wait and it will get sorted. Not impressed.
If it is throttling then will actively look to leave.
ISP History: ClaraNet dialup > Freedontnet dialup > ClaraNet dialup/ISDN > Central Point Satellite > Firefly ISDN > Telewest 10Mb cable > ADSL24 Entanet > ADSL24 MurphX
ADSL24 / MurphX
Edinburgh ISPC Node
Edited by ross1701 (Mon 17-Mar-14 02:46:47)