User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nickscs
(member) Mon 31-Mar-14 19:12:13
Print Post

Coms Complete subscribers.

[link to this post]

Hi,
I have been informed By Coms CS after requesting a mac code, that in fact as I am on a "Complete" package (mpf) I dont need one.
I have ask new provider to action a "working line Takeover", which will essentially transfer/pull off the line from Coms. All they request is date of transfer to close my account.

Sounds fair enough. Just hope it is easy as it sounds.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Mon 31-Mar-14 20:24:10
Print Post

Re: Coms Complete subscribers.

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

That's worth knowing, ta

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 31-Mar-14 23:02:21
Print Post

Just be careful with that, as the problem can be that MACs generally have a role in determining the notice period start date.

If you don't get a MAC (and it is true you don't need one) then you need to make sure you don't end up with a full month of COMS to pay after you've left. But giving notice early can be risky as there's no guarantee as to your move date.

The other difficulty is if you don't want to move both the line and the broadband to the same company. That has always been a problem with MPF.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Mar-14 23:09:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

MPF seems more trouble than its worth to me. Sure you get a great deal on phone & broadband as a package, but as soon as you want to move there seems to many hurdles.

Edited by bobble_bob (Mon 31-Mar-14 23:09:35)

Standard User nickscs
(member) Tue 01-Apr-14 15:18:11
Print Post

Hi Robertos,
Thanks for that, but Coms did say that my 30 days notice would start from this date.
So now waiting to see if I can move without hassle or ceasing my line .
Standard User Molehusband
(regular) Tue 01-Apr-14 16:59:53
Print Post

Who are moving to?

According to Xilo, I'd need to switch the line back to BT before they can offer a package.

ADSL24/Coms Complete DSL 100 [TalkTalk LLU]
Standard User nickscs
(member) Tue 01-Apr-14 17:43:11
Print Post

[re: Molehusband] [link to this post]

Yes, had a chat with them and told me same. Said they will be able to do it when their new platform comes online in the future. Vivaciti are looking at it at the moment . So fingers crossed, so anxious to be shot of this lot now.... my lad was trying to download a game update last night and was being throttled to 5kbs.
Not the service I have been paying for.

Edited by nickscs (Tue 01-Apr-14 17:45:49)

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Apr-14 19:40:58
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
MPF seems more trouble than its worth to me. Sure you get a great deal on phone & broadband as a package, but as soon as you want to move there seems to many hurdles.

Exactly why I would personally never touch it. I would not like to give up the hassle-free freedom to move ISP

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Apr-14 21:04:20
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

SMPF can give about the same amount of hassle these days if you have a painful ISP in that respect. ANy ISP that requires you to have their broadband in order to have their WLR line rental.

E.g. the almost obsolete O2/Be.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Apr-14 21:18:15
Print Post

From what Xilo and Vivaciti have said its impossible at the moment due to the way the system works to go from TT MPF to another MPF provider, and you have to go back to a BT phone line first
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to