User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User caley
(regular) Mon 07-Apr-14 14:08:04
Print Post

Want to join Xilo but....

[link to this post]

Hi.
I'm hoping somebody here can help. I'm waiting for my MAC from Zen, which I hope to get in the next couple of days and I want to join Xilo. I've been checking their site a few times over the last week or so to make sure of the package I want and even emailed them to make sure there wouldn't be any problem joining them and was told my choice was ok and I could join Xilo when I got my MAC. I'm nervous about doing online sign up but got advice from someone on another forum on what to expect so was ok with that. However today I went to Xilo site to make sure of what the package I was going for offered and got the notice below

"We are currently not able to deliver any results on the number entered. This could be because it is a new number, not an active BT Wholesale service or one that is incompatible with broadband"

How can my number be incompatible with broadband as I'm using broadband to access their site and as I've had this number for more than 10 years it's not a new number. I also did a check to make sure there wasn't a problem with my number and 27 other companies are happy to offer my phone number broadband so what's the problem with Xilo. Don't they want more customers. I tried to phone their sales number but the message was sales are busy and they're not taking call so use the email option. I'd rather talk to someone to hear what the problem is with them offering me their broadband service. Is there anyone on this forum from Xilo? If so could you find out what the problem is about me joining them. I'm not a serial downloader, I hardly us 4gb a month. There must be some reason for this shut out and I want to find out what it is.

Thanks for any help given in this.

Caley.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
Caley's Pet Remembrance Tributes
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User nickscs
(member) Mon 07-Apr-14 14:56:16
Print Post

Re: Want to join Xilo but....

[re: caley] [link to this post]

That is what you usually see when you are on complete broadband /phone (MPF) package. Xilo are unable to do these moves at this time, but Vivaciti can. I signed up with them {MPF move} last week.

Edited by nickscs (Mon 07-Apr-14 15:24:52)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Apr-14 15:14:51
Print Post

We're working on this... it is due to an update last night that has caused a few issues with that in a few of the other broadband pages.

We hope to have this back soon - updates at http://goo.gl/yUGgfb.

Edit: Checker is now working as expected.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Mon 07-Apr-14 15:32:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caley
(regular) Mon 07-Apr-14 15:35:31
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

Hi.

No I'm on broadband only with Zen my phone is with Idnet. It's Xilo I'm hoping to go with on TTB package.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User caley
(regular) Mon 07-Apr-14 15:38:04
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

That is great, thanks for letting me know. Thought Xilo knew something about me I didn't smile
I hope to get my MAC from Zen today or tomorrow and I'll be right over to Xilo and sign on.

Thanks again made my day.

Caley.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User caley
(regular) Wed 09-Apr-14 18:35:51
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Hi Matt.

Just wanted you to know that I signed up with Xilo today and should be active by the 17th Thanks for the information you gave me. Helped prevent me getting stressed out. Maybe you could help me with another question. I got the connection details this afternoon and noticed there was no static ip address. Could you tell me when this will be forthcoming or don't I need it to connect to Xilo for the first time.

Caley.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Apr-14 01:56:19
Print Post

You will not be disappointed. Xilo are top-hole in the support department. I have never phoned them as their ticket system replies are so quick it is like IM.

You do NOT need your static address to connect. It is just the IP address that you will have all the time.

I used to be with Zen years ago. Xilo are better than Zen in the CS dept with better products IMHO.

Shame their domain registration costs are not competative.

Not a fanboy; just a very difficult to please grumpy old(-ish) man.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Apr-14 05:24:05
Print Post

The xilo checker doesn't for some reason like my number either, it never has regardless of isp being SMPF LLU or not , and like you it's a BT line and not a new number, no changes for my number checker still returns the same error message, I bet there will be other BT numbers failing to be correctly recognised by the checker too, other isp's checkers don't have this issue
Standard User caley
(regular) Sat 12-Apr-14 07:20:11
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

So I just set my router to get the ip address dynamically from ISP when I first connect do I? Don't know why they don't just give you the ip address when they send you your settings in the first email. That would be so much more explanatory and easier than trying to guess what to do. I have high hope from Xilo. Zen have been very good at trying to sort out the issues but I think that the BT workings in the exchange are really old and naff.

Caley.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Apr-14 15:32:54
Print Post

That will do it - which is why you don't need it wink. The reason that they do not send the IP is that you will see it as soon as you connect, either from your router of from any of the web sites that can tell you this.

You won't regret the move I promise you.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to