User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Mon 07-Apr-14 15:35:03
Print Post

Can somebody please explain ??

[link to this post]

As I am totally unhappy with Coms at the moment and looking to change. I Have the following with them.

Tel but not a with a bundle
Fibre 500 Broadband also not in a bundle

Went to Xilo to have a look at their packages which appeal to me and got this message.

Exchange: Droitwich (WMDRO)
Line status: The line currently has LLU DSL. A migration must be placed, however, normal activation charges will apply.

Can somebody explain what this means and how much it will cost to activate at Xilo if I have to ??

Steve

Edited by stevepressman (Mon 07-Apr-14 19:15:41)

Standard User dontasciime
(newbie) Mon 21-Apr-14 22:23:38
Print Post

Re: Can somebody please explain ??

[re: stevepressman] [link to this post]

price at xilo

I'm wondering the exact same but surely the price cannot be right.

@Zen it's free activation on the 80/20 using the same MAC code

Edited by dontasciime (Mon 21-Apr-14 22:28:08)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Apr-14 03:04:09
Print Post

[re: dontasciime] [link to this post]

I bet it is, even though it is only a FTTC TO FTTC migration and theres no engineer involvement , infact it's processed on a computer at BTW, The charge is the same as a new installation fee minus the vat. so really £92.00
And FTTC is a 12mth min term too, Aquiss are doing free FTTC activation , IMO once you have had an active FTTC connection for 12mths there should be no or only a small charge for migrations FTTC to FTTC as BTOR have had their wonga for instalation/activation already , there was talk a while ago about BTOR not charging CP's for this type of migration ,

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 22-Apr-14 03:05:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 16:52:50
Print Post

It depends on the provider, some can and will do free activation (as we do) other charge for it, its really up to each provider and their business model.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Kimi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Apr-14 18:24:24
Print Post

Some charge more per month with free activation and vice versa. But i would always go with Zen or BT rather than a reseller any day, seen to many stories of them changing suppliers all the time for my liking
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Thu 24-Apr-14 19:27:00
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

I think Kimi, is being a tad paranoid there wink Whilst he is quite correct that occasionly resellers do move wholesaler, many don't and there are fewer wholesalers now then there were!

Most big Isps at some stage in their network also use TTB, or Daisy, Enta, C&W etc.
Many smaller resellers do have excellent track records and work as hard if not harder then the big boys to keep their customers happy. _ you try to get through to BT India...

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User Kimi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Apr-14 20:23:40
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwoody:
you try to get through to BT India...

Woody

I have twice and both times problem was sorted with ease. No on hold they ring you back
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Thu 24-Apr-14 20:40:04
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

To be fair Kimi, BT probably have just as many happy customers as the unhappy ones you here about, same with TalkTalk.

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User Kimi
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Apr-14 21:07:33
Print Post

To be fair Kimi, BT probably have just as many happy customers as the unhappy ones you here about, same with TalkTalk.

Woody

Yes you're right, BT had a bad rep years ago as did talk talk but i think they have got themselves sorted now. I have a line with each of them and they have both been faultless and no slow downs in speed at anytime, one problem with BT was a faulty router but it was replaced within 2 days
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Apr-14 17:54:06
Print Post

_ you try to get through to BT India...

Ring the Welsh support number. I always do for BT issues.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
  Print Thread

Jump to