User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User user7423
(member) Tue 08-Apr-14 06:25:30
Print Post

Anyone else of Vivaciti LLU (C&W) noticed a big speed drop

[link to this post]

Woke up this morning and my speed has dropped from around 10mb to 3mb, rebooted the router, no change.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen or there is a problem with my line or am I being capped on an unlimited service?

I have no idea why there is a big drop, as my line has been consistent at that speed for however long I have been Vivaciti (3 years at least IIRC), but I have opened a ticket.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit: Landline is down, did not check it until a little while ago, this is probably the cause of the speed drop.

Edited by user7423 (Tue 08-Apr-14 07:37:35)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Apr-14 08:07:59
Print Post

Re: Anyone else of Vivaciti LLU (C&W) noticed a big speed dr

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

If the phone isn't working at all then yes, that's the problem. One wire of the pair has packed up. Report the phone to your line rental company and don't mention the broadband! That is likely to be fixed quicker.

I'm surprised you are still getting 3Mbps. It's usually a lot less. I wonder if there has always been an issue, and once it's fixed you will get a lot more than 10Mbps.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User user7423
(member) Tue 08-Apr-14 09:22:30
Print Post

Re: Anyone else of Vivaciti LLU (C&W) noticed a big speed dr

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have already reported the fault to BT and yes, I know not to mention broadband!

I must admit, the last couple of weeks I have been having problems reaching sites on the odd occasion, but just put it down to DNS problems, but might have been the start of this current problem.

As long the broadband is still working, even if limited, I will take whatever speed it is until it is fixed. But when I first went on LLU, the speed was around 14mb, then dropped to 10 - 11mb and stayed like that for the last 3 years or so with no change and have been happy with it, so maybe your right, when it is fixed, it may go back to the 14mb level.

Thank you for the reply RobertoS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to