User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Apr-14 10:17:15
Print Post

To Coms

[link to this post]

Dear Coms,

I would like to know how you have managed to obtain a private email address, of mine, that is only used for private communications with established contracts that we have in place. It's never been made public, therefore you have clearly obtained this from a private inhouse mailing list (or been passed to you without consent).

I would also like to know why you are mailing me about your wholesale services, of which we have no interest in using. You have been contacted via email on several occasions, but have ignored the removal request. You have also failed to remove the address via you so called "unsubscribe" link in your mailing emails.

I would therefore like to know who handles your Data Protection requests so we can establish if other private information has been gathered unlawfully.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php

Edited by aquiss (Tue 08-Apr-14 11:03:22)

Standard User Cruncher
(member) Tue 08-Apr-14 10:29:47
Print Post

Re: To Coms

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Grabs popcorn.

Asus RT-N66U
FTTC via Coms (one week to go!)
Soon to be Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Max Sync, 150m from the cab.
Standard User aibreeze
(regular) Tue 08-Apr-14 10:44:50
Print Post

Plain text passwords, throttling to 5kbps and now this? I wouldn't trust them to provide me my morning coffee let alone wholesale services. I'd laugh but at this point I'm too busy counting down the days until I can move away from this joke of a company.

Edited by aibreeze (Tue 08-Apr-14 10:46:15)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nickscs
(member) Tue 08-Apr-14 11:32:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by aquiss:
Dear Coms

I would also like to know why you are mailing me about your wholesale services, of which we have no interest in using. You have been contacted via email on several occasions, but have ignored the removal request. You have also failed to remove the address via you so called "unsubscribe" link in your mailing emails.

I would therefore like to know who handles your Data Protection requests so we can establish if other private information has been gathered unlawfully.

How ironic, Coms retail customers get absolutely nil, official, communication from them. Yet they are peddling their wholesale wares un-invited to other isp`s
Standard User Adam3k
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Apr-14 11:52:28
Print Post

[re: Cruncher] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Cruncher:
Grabs popcorn.

Ill get the beer smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StructuredCommunications Bonded FTTC 74.5Mbps Download & 22.4Mbps Upload.
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Tue 08-Apr-14 15:32:07
Print Post

Who would have though Coms would do such a thing??

Maybe they are buddies with Edward Snowden wink

Steve

Standard User Mr_Morpheus
(newbie) Fri 11-Apr-14 09:08:35
Print Post

Strange to address such a request to a Community Forum.

I can only assume that you want a lot of people to see this to influence any decision making...

---

I am not in any way affiliated with ANY ISP listed on thinkbroadband.com but I AM knowledgeable on many subjects relating to broadband.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Fri 11-Apr-14 11:12:56
Print Post

[re: Mr_Morpheus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Mr_Morpheus:

I can only assume that you want a lot of people to see this to influence any decision making...

---

I am not in any way affiliated with ANY ISP listed on thinkbroadband.com but I AM knowledgeable on many subjects relating to broadband.

From the original post "I would also like to know why you are mailing me about your wholesale services, of which we have no interest in using. You have been contacted via email on several occasions, but have ignored the removal request. You have also failed to remove the address via you so called "unsubscribe" link in your mailing emails."

Posting here seems fair enough to me if other direct approaches have been fruitless. Coms were quite regular on this forum, though they seem to be keeping their heads down here at the moment also

Edited by bernado (Fri 11-Apr-14 11:15:35)

Standard User tonytiger07
(learned) Fri 11-Apr-14 12:48:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Mr_Morpheus:

What seems strange to me is that this appears to be your first post on the forum....
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Fri 11-Apr-14 14:10:47
Print Post

Are you affiliated with any ISP not listed on thinkbroadband.com wink

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to