User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Benjanyan
(learned) Wed 16-Apr-14 13:46:58
Print Post

Coms complete (MPF) to Vivaciti delays

[link to this post]

After getting the details I needed via their ticket system, I called them up and went for it on the 4th (Friday). I was told there was a delay as the orders were manual and that it'd probably be put in on Monday which is fair enough. I was kinda expecting some kinda confirmation on the Monday but nothing.

I asked for an update via the ticket on the Tuesday (8th) and got a reply the next day (much slower than their previous <10 minute responses). I was told it wasn't straight forward and that their suppliers are ironing out some issues so there was a delay in getting the orders placed. Ok, it's all new so some issues are to be expected.

Asked for another update yesterday morning (15th) and no answer as of yet. Not far off 2 weeks now and it doesn't sound like my order is placed yet and there's no indication of when it will be. Understandably, I'm getting a little worried now as I was expecting a go live date by now really.

I know there were a couple of people taking the same escape route as I was; what are your experiences so far?
Standard User VWGolfman
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 14:44:23
Print Post

Re: Coms complete (MPF) to Vivaciti delays

[re: Benjanyan] [link to this post]

Benjanyan,

Vivaciti told me several weeks ago that it would soon be possible to move a MPF service to them without going through cancellations with previous providers etc.

They then announced on this forum that it was now possible.
...but obviously it isn't, or at least with any degree of certainty.

In the end I moved my Coms MPF service to BT Infinity and they were able to automate the process with no problems whatsoever giving me zero downtime.

I have a second line at another premises which is simple SMPF.
I tried migrating that to Vivaciti but have experienced exactly the same issues that you are with your MPF line.
Unanswered tickets, promised callbacks which don't materialise and a service which 4 weeks after the go live date, is still not complete.

I have already requested a MAC for that service but have been informed that it's not yet possible to provide one as the service is not yet complete.
Not good enough quite frankly.
Standard User tusken1138
(newbie) Wed 16-Apr-14 16:02:55
Print Post

[re: VWGolfman] [link to this post]

I am in exactly the same position as the OP -request made the same day, same initial comments by Vivaciti -same chaser email by me on Tuesday and same response from them. I just had another update:

We are still talking to our suppliers about getting the connections through TTB moved over to Vivaciti. We was hoping to have them all moved over by now but there has been complications. We will hopefully have an update for you tomorrow. Again, sorry for the lack of information.

I am happy to be patient with them because if you are on MPF, then your choices are limited really. I dont want to pay 115 pounds to BT to transfer my line back, i dont want to sign up to an 18 month BT contract in order to get the line transfer for free, and the likes of Xilo dont really want to know yet. Even when i said that Vivaciti said it was possible, they just said they would have to look into it some more.

This does seem to be a very new development that MPF to MPF is even possible at all, so i for one am content to wait for Vivaciti to do their thing. It clearly isnt straightforward at all.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 16:10:25
Print Post

[re: tusken1138] [link to this post]

Not a case of we don't want to know... it's a case of this is not straight forward (nor fully supported supplier API side) and we've already attempted it of which it failed.

Our current supported method of getting from MPF is to go back to WLR first sadly.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User VWGolfman
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 16:39:29
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

...and in my situation I am experiencing exactly the same issues as you all and that is with a simple SMPF line!
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 16:44:57
Print Post

Can't say we're seeing any major issues with SMPF on TTB now. There were some issues a few weeks ago where the migration would complete but Coms submitted bulk migrations to TTB and the line was effectively slammed away from us.

Customers had to get a new MAC and we had to process it again. TTB shouldn't have allowed it and Coms shouldn't have submitted such a list but luckily as TTB lines are not realm locked, customer could still login to our service generally.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 17:05:33
Print Post

Hi,
I don't think that's quite right is it?
The full story as you had been told on the phone is your service went live with us, you are logged in and working with your username details we gave you, it is only our back end systems that have not closed down, you are not delayed at all if you are working and on-line.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User VWGolfman
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 21:21:55
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
...it is only our back end systems that have not closed down, you are not delayed at all if you are working and on-line.

I requested a MAC several days ago and you have not provided it with the explanation that it can't be provided until your back end systems have closed down.

When will that be?
You don't appear to know.

You have given me two dates which have both come and gone with no change to the situation.

Soon you will be looking for another payment from me but for a service which is not complete.
Like I said, not good enough.
Standard User Benjanyan
(learned) Tue 22-Apr-14 18:13:04
Print Post

Thanks for the replies. I was relieved to hear that I'm not the only one in this boat.

I also had the same update from Vivaciti on Wednesday. No updates today or on Thursdays (as hoped). On the plus side, it's eating away my 30 days notice to Coms.
Standard User Benjanyan
(learned) Wed 23-Apr-14 09:56:01
Print Post

Had a reply this morning and it looks like the original plan is a no go. frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to