User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stunts
(regular) Wed 16-Apr-14 17:03:08
Print Post

MAC key issues with COMS

[link to this post]

So I've decided to leave Coms, now they've moved me onto their network my NowTV stutters constantly, download speeds are very poor and overall its simply not good enough.

I requested my MAC key last Wednesday, they delivered it on Tuesday so just within the 5 working days and I immediately began signing up with Zen. Within 2 hours of signing up with Zen they contacted me to tell me 'Unfortunately your order has been rejected by BT Wholesale as the MAC key supplied with your order: ****/**** has already been used'. Well I hadn't used it so immediately contacted COMS again to ensure they'd given me the correct one and not someone else's and if it was correct, then sort a replacement immediately.

How can they mess up a MAC key ? they get it from a supplier and cut and paste it to me, its simple, but somehow they have. I have had no response at all today from them which leaves me stuck again in the wasteland of a rubbish connection and no way (yet) of moving on frown

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sort this quickly ? I just want to move on now. Surely by now they are past the 5 working days to supply my MAC key ?
Standard User FastShow
(learned) Wed 16-Apr-14 17:19:58
Print Post

Re: MAC key issues with COMS

[re: stunts] [link to this post]

Near identical problem here. Took ages to provide me with a MAC which I finally received on the 11th April. Immediately used it to transfer my service away only to be told that the migration failed as a migration was currently in progress to Enta (I had a migration onto the Coms platform complete last Tuesday but nothing else is underway that I'm aware of).

When resubmitting the transfer request Xilo also now get the "MAC already used" error.

Spoke to Coms "support" only to be told everyone has gone home ring back tomorrow.

Absolutely livid about now, my connection is utterly useless and now I can't even [censored] leave! The guy at Coms said that the migration from last week could prevent transferring away for up to another month, this entire thing is just a complete debacle. I can't help feeling a lot of it is deliberate too.

Utterly utterly useless company.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Apr-14 17:39:01
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Try Enta if you're on a BT-based service, they may be able to help you as they've in the past with other Enta-based lines.

They appear to have moved some lines there (we've seen about 20-30 these last few days alone).

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Wed 16-Apr-14 17:39:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stunts
(regular) Thu 17-Apr-14 09:55:31
Print Post

Yes, it does sound the same to me. I had my line migrated from ADSL24 to Coms on Tuesday 8th after an aborted attempt a few weeks earlier and asked for my MAC key a day later so it could be they've supplied the key for the migration to Coms rather than away. Please post back if you have any luck with Coms 'support' today, thanks.

Edited by stunts (Thu 17-Apr-14 09:56:32)

Standard User stunts
(regular) Thu 17-Apr-14 12:02:09
Print Post

I've just had a response and apology from Coms so well done to them, it does help just keeping us in the picture. It reads...

"Please accept our apologies. You, along with a few others are being affected by the fact you'd migrated over to Coms only Tuesday 8th, this seems to have caused issues with the MAC being generated at this time.

Please know that I have chased this yesterday and today and expect a response in the next couple of days. We can expect to either receive a fresh MAC or for them to have cleared anything from the current one.

Please await our update which we will provide as soon as we receive one ourselves."
Standard User FastShow
(learned) Thu 17-Apr-14 12:55:44
Print Post

Yes I've had a very similar response, so at least someone is on the case. Sadly I don't hold out much hope of it being sorted in a couple of days since if they don't sort it today, it's then a 4-day weekend.

We will see.
Standard User paperclip
(newbie) Thu 17-Apr-14 14:04:29
Print Post

I've yet to use my MAC, reading these stories has me worried.

AOL > Homechoice > Freedom2surf > ADSL24 > Coms
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Apr-14 20:21:16
Print Post

[re: paperclip] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by paperclip:
I've yet to use my MAC, reading these stories has me worried.

Use it ASAP. There are many fair, decent and good performing ISPs left. Why stay?

Consider Xilo (I'm with them - top hole bunch), Vivacity (sp?), Aquiss and Zen.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 17-Apr-14 22:06:02
Print Post

[re: paperclip] [link to this post]

smile
What's to worry about? The worst that has been happening has been that Coms have already used the MAC they gave you, (as part of doing mass migrations of the underlying supplier), so it fails. A MAC cannot be used twice.

If it does happen like that you just have to get a replacement MAC from them, as that won't have been used smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User stunts
(regular) Thu 24-Apr-14 19:10:18
Print Post

A week later and I've not heard a thing from them. I presume it's the same for you ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to