User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User VWGolfman
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Apr-14 00:19:46
Print Post

Vivaciti supplying same MAC as that from previous ISP

[link to this post]

I recently migrated from Coms to Vivaciti.
Both services TTB on SMPF LLU.

I have already requested a MAC from Vivaciti but they have provided me with exactly the same MAC as that which I supplied them with for my migration in.

Could it be possible that the MAC stays the same, particularly as both services use the same back end or is it one of the following...

Simple mistake
Trying it on
Disorganisation / Incompetence

One would like to think it's the first option.

Any views?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 18-Apr-14 00:24:24
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti supplying same MAC as that from previous ISP

[re: VWGolfman] [link to this post]

Had they submitted it to Openreach with a migration order which Openreach accepted? I seem to recall there was an issue.

If it hasn't been submitted to and accepted by them, it is still valid up to the end of 30 days from its original issue to Coms. Until it is either killed by being accepted by Openreach with a migration offer, or the 30 days expires, Openreach will not issue another. There cannot be two live MACs for the same connection.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Apr-14 18:34:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by VWGolfman:
I have already requested a MAC from Vivaciti but they have provided me with exactly the same MAC as that which I supplied them with for my migration in.

That seems a bit quick to jump ship or have I missed something - the 'senior moments' are getting more frequent, especially when sober/

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Apr-14 00:37:03
Print Post

If you stayed within the TTB SMPF realm, the MAC shouldn't change.

The MAC is issued to TTB so the original expiry date will remain the same. If you migrate out of TTB completely, you should be able to use it again up the original expiry date.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
  Print Thread

Jump to