User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User highlander317
(member) Sat 26-Apr-14 08:23:23
Print Post

COMsedy support

[link to this post]

Contacted support the other day due to loss of connection mysteriously after asking about migrating and how to leave.
The guy on the phone was helpful but the "network support analyst" needs an educating in English language and grammar. I have removed his name to save any red faces. Firstly I know a bit about computers but I'm no "network support analyst" , had no idea what trace route was let alone how to do it.

Hopefully this guy don't do COMS payroll lol
Have a read and have a laugh, read it out to someone for full effect.

Good Morning,

Please be advised that for us to progress this case we need you to run trace route to www.bbc.co.uk and paste the results here in ticket. Soon you done with we will be able to find where the issue is.

Many thanks & kind regards,
************ | Networks Support Analyst
Coms ServiceDesk

Good Morning,

please be advised that we run diagnostic on your line and we notice that the test failed, was inconclusive or terminated prematurely. Further Diagnostics are required. Could you please send us trace route results, so we are in a position to bring your case to a resolve?

***********| Networks Support Analyst
Coms ServiceDesk

Our sincere apologize for any inconvenience. Please be advised that normally when we update the ticket our system send the updates to your email address which is the Iím sending email now. The trace route I have requested in last email is to pass it to our supplier to investigate further on your issue. We can see that your connection back up and running fine for 17 Hour(s) 6 Min(s) 19 Sec(s). Could you please advise if the issue persist or if you need any further assistance?

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

********** Networks Support Analyst
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sat 26-Apr-14 10:16:10
Print Post

Re: COMsedy support

[re: highlander317] [link to this post]

Haha, you couldn't make it up could you!

The lady I have been dealing with doesn't seem to have the best grasp of English grammer - and believe me it's not my strong point but even I know it's wrong.

woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Apr-14 12:58:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by highlander317:
Firstly I know a bit about computers ... , had no idea what trace route was let alone how to do it.
It shows the route and latency to get from you to a particular site. You do it on Windows by issuing the command ' tracert www.bbc.co.uk ' in a command window.

The support on the phone should have told you how to do it. Did you not ask?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Sat 26-Apr-14 14:13:17
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I did ask, in my very sarcastic response to the request for the trace route. I sent a copy to them to see what they say.
Thanks for helping
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Mon 28-Apr-14 19:43:46
Print Post

Looks like I've got the same guy as you. Here is the reply to my comment about not being able to see my monthly usage.
Translation required please wink

Please be advised that Iíve raised this with the development team as the monthly usage should be updating regularly.

Line profile will be reinstated soon. When we changed by moving customers to our network the previous functionality stop to function. There has been a delay in getting the new API settings from our supplier to implement this functionality again, theyíve given us these this week so the functionality should be reinstated soon.

Soon there is available updates we will notify you. If you require further assiatnce please do not hesitate to contact us.

Emxxxxx xxxxxx | Networks Support Analyst
Coms ServiceDesk

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User Cruncher
(member) Mon 28-Apr-14 19:48:33
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

Wow.

Asus RT-N66U with Merlin FW - FTTC Plusnet Unlimited Fibre - 80/20 Max Sync, 150m from the cab - My BQM
(member) Mon 28-Apr-14 19:56:53
Print Post

Looking at the first 2 letters of his name I think you are right. Coms are excelling themselves with knowledgeable staff but sadly unable to make themselves understood by translator they use.
On another point PaulComs has read my message regarding a request for line details, only taken 2 weeks, now thats customer support and understanding an already p***ed off customer base, er not.
Standard User Benjanyan
(regular) Mon 28-Apr-14 20:37:28
Print Post

That's the kind of response I'd expect from India. Still, I don't think it's that bad... some of you people are being too critical imo. The guy's probably been up to his neck in it since the "future proof" network went live.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 29-Apr-14 07:34:52
Print Post

[re: Benjanyan] [link to this post]

Benjamin, I was at first extremely supportive (on here) on the takeover, however 1 event after another has changed my mind entirely. I'm sure Emxxxxx is a nice enough fellow and probably good at his job, however unfortunately all it does is further enforce the impression of total incompetence and ineptitude throughout the company.

woody

regards,
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Apr-14 23:02:16
Print Post

[re: Benjanyan] [link to this post]

I've seen very similar from some BE support analysts and people at work smile

Be* Unlimited
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to