User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bernado
(regular) Thu 15-May-14 17:53:31
Print Post

Xilo TTB outage?

[link to this post]

Anyone on XILO experiencing problems? My broadband is out at the moment. I notice on Xilo's service status they report a significant unresolved problem which has been ongoing for a few hours apparently. I thought I would find loads of people on here reporting it, so maybe my problem is coincidental.
I can log onto the router and it's synching to the exchange as normal and reporting addled connection, but no internet for me

Edited by bernado (Thu 15-May-14 17:57:45)

Standard User adsluser77
(newbie) Thu 15-May-14 17:59:17
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

I am on Vivaticti with TTB and have had intermittent connection since about 2pm today.
Standard User bernado
(regular) Thu 15-May-14 18:04:33
Print Post

For 'addled' connection in my post, read 'ADSL'. Tehee. About right though

Edited by bernado (Thu 15-May-14 18:06:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rhetherington
(member) Thu 15-May-14 18:09:42
Print Post

[re: adsluser77] [link to this post]

I'm also on Vivaciti (FTTC) and have intermittent connections.

The times that the PPP connection has established i've been assigned a 172.16 private IP instead of my usual static one and had no outside Internet connectivity (perhaps because my own router uses 172.20.0/23).

If this is an attempt to implement carrier-grade-NAT i'm less than impressed, and not just because there's been an approved range of 100.64.0.0/10 for the past 2 years.
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Thu 15-May-14 18:11:36
Print Post

I had a problem also, but not on aTTB based connection.
Check my BQM.

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User bernado
(regular) Thu 15-May-14 18:17:15
Print Post

Typical, her indoors out tonight and got beer in for a night of online gaming mayhem
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-May-14 18:22:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by bernado:
Anyone on XILO experiencing problems? My broadband is out at the moment. I notice on Xilo's service status they report a significant unresolved problem which has been ongoing for a few hours apparently. I thought I would find loads of people on here reporting it, so maybe my problem is coincidental.
I can log onto the router and it's synching to the exchange as normal and reporting addled connection, but no internet for me

Yes the uno TTB PPP link has been pretty bad today - still offline now. Even tried a different router with no success, actually at one point earlier today the router that I normally use (TG585) strangely also dropped the DSL and reconnected over ADSL2 rather than ADSL2+ confused smile
Standard User FastShow
(regular) Thu 15-May-14 18:24:31
Print Post

Haven't held a PPP link for longer than about 25 minutes since around lunchtime. I've just jumped from Coms to Xilo too, I am not having a good couple of months. frown
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-May-14 18:27:01
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

Just had a minor blip on Xilo FTTC - internet down for a minute. Rebooted modem and router and all well. I did see a private IP being reported by my router when internet was down (174.x.x.x).

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Thu 15-May-14 18:29:36)

Standard User NeoLojik
(learned) Thu 15-May-14 18:27:44
Print Post

[re: adsluser77] [link to this post]

Just wanted to +1 this. Contacted Vivaciti support at 1:30pm after the connection had already been dead for about 2 hours. Was told there was a Mass Service Outage and CISCO were on site.

At one point I managed to connect for about an hour, but it's been dead again since.

Interesting that this is affecting other ISP's though, I assumed from the reply I had that it was Vivaciti specific. Maybe our ISP's all share a common middleman between themselves and TalkTalk.

I fired off another ticket at 6pm asking for an update, but have heard nothing since.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to