User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lambrettaday
(newbie) Mon 02-Jun-14 21:40:53
Print Post

Coms.com webmail

[link to this post]

Hi.

I've a pensioner friend who was with Adsl24 till they got taken over by coms.com. She used Adsl24's webmail and after the take over it worked fine till a few days ago she couldn't connect. I phoned coms for her but they knew less than me but said the fault would be reported but now she gets "The login is invalid." but she's changed nothing. Does anyone else here use the webmail package on coms and if so are they getting a fault notice?

Thanks.
Standard User AlanMaz11
(newbie) Mon 02-Jun-14 23:07:46
Print Post

Re: Coms.com webmail

[re: Lambrettaday] [link to this post]

Sounds like an error at Coms end,i have not used webmail myself,i did have an error with trying to open my email program in cpanel,coms did sort it after sending them photos of the error pages of my email program,send em a photo of your webmail page in a ticket and tell em to have another look.
Standard User Molehusband
(regular) Mon 02-Jun-14 23:11:14
Print Post

What URL is being used to access webmail? (if the login and password are in there please don't post them).

Though I've since left Coms, my old email account can still accessed at this URL:

https://mail.adsl24.co.uk:2096/

Is the email address being entered in the following format?

username@username.adsl24.co.uk

Sure caps lock isn't on?

Xilo Talk & Surf [TTB LLU/MPF]

Edited by Molehusband (Mon 02-Jun-14 23:14:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DG101
(member) Mon 02-Jun-14 23:35:17
Print Post

I have a COMS e-mail account which is used occasionally. Your post prompted me to login, and I can confirm something has changed recently. After logging in, a panel flashed-up, briefly, with a message that indicated something was invalid. What that something was I know not, as the message disappeared before I read it completely, and was replaced by a form asking for some details, such as name, reply-to address etc.

When I provided the minimal details I could then access the contents of my in-box etc.

Your friend may find the above helpful - but I wouldn't wager a great deal on the result.
(newbie) Tue 03-Jun-14 07:39:47
Print Post

[re: Molehusband] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response.
I've checked the address she's been using and it's the address she's used all the time till the invalid message happened.
I did try accessing her email using the address you gave but the message was still the same. Yes that's the format her email address is entered and cap locks is definitely off. My reading of the matter is, Coms wants to do away with webmail and this is their sneaky way of doing it regardless that this maybe the only email address a customer has. I did contact customer service and chocolate teapots come to mind.
The error message: http://www.carusinternet.com/invalid.jpg

Thanks.
(newbie) Tue 03-Jun-14 07:42:31
Print Post

[re: DG101] [link to this post]

Thanks for reply. My friend also had that message and she duly filled in the required info and could then gain access but if you wait for a week or so then you will get the same invalid log in as she's getting. That seems to be the way that Coms are working this.

Thanks.
(newbie) Tue 03-Jun-14 07:48:31
Print Post

[re: AlanMaz11] [link to this post]

Thanks for reply. I don't think I could go through the contacting Coms bit again. I'm planning on adding her to my customer base free of charge so she can have a permanent email address without the hassle. She wanted to get access to the Adsl24 webmail so she could get the email messages and addresses that are stored there but if it means getting the prattle of Coms customer service then she says she will have to do without them.
Pity really that Coms are denying access to webmail by a Coms customer. Don't understand this company at all. Seems they don't want to keep customers.

Thanks.
Standard User nickscs
(member) Tue 03-Jun-14 15:32:38
Print Post

Hi,
I left Coms 3 weeks ago and (having just checked) can still log-in to my ADSL24 email. However, Coms mucked things up sometime in February, and I was unable to receive emails after that despite their trying to sort it.. My in-box is still empty , but can log-in frown
Standard User ebuygum
(committed) Sat 05-Jul-14 16:21:23
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

The problem will become irrelevant as Coms has announced that it is dropping email altogether in September.
Standard User Goldovite
(newbie) Sat 05-Jul-14 21:19:45
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

I posted about the webmail issue in the ISP Unhappiness forum.

As a result of email server faliure, Coms plc reverted to a back up server resulting in all emails since February being lost. This also affected passwords - some accounts got compromised by spammers. This happened at the end of June.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to