User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eancox
(newbie) Thu 05-Jun-14 01:21:17
Print Post

Has anyone received a refund from Comms

[link to this post]

Left Comms on the 12th May and received an invoice on the 25th stating that I had a refund of just over £15. So far nothing has appeared in my bank.
Standard User ross1701
(regular) Thu 05-Jun-14 06:57:55
Print Post

Re: Has anyone received a refund from Comms

[re: eancox] [link to this post]

As I posted on the thread below, I migrated from Coms to Xilo on the 26th May, and on the 2nd of June they took another full months payment via the DD. I raised a ticket about it yesterday and unsurprisingly, they haven't responded to it yet.
So they need to refund me that full months money they just took plus refund me the few days from last month's that I was away from them.
All my money that they have no right to, sitting in their account, earning them interest.I just hope they aren't going to be arsey about giving the lot back, as some companies can be.
The sooner I get it back and can cancel the DD, the better I'll feel. After what shenanigans Coms have pulled thus far, I don't trust them one bit.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Jun-14 08:59:28
Print Post

[re: ross1701] [link to this post]

Aren't it a monthly contract so have to give them a months notice? So they can take an extra month

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Molehusband
(regular) Thu 05-Jun-14 09:09:46
Print Post

[re: eancox] [link to this post]

I left on 9th May, received final invoice confirming refund on 22nd May. Queried the payment date on 2nd June, received the refund in my account on 4th June.

Dropping Coms a ticket wouldn't hurt.

Xilo Talk & Surf [TTB LLU/MPF]
Standard User ross1701
(regular) Thu 05-Jun-14 11:49:18
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I originally requested a MAC back in March when I tried to sign up with Vivaciti (some sort of problem during the order, wasn't contacted and then read about the dubious business dealings on here so decided to wait and get a new MAC and go to Xilo) so they've more than had their months notice that I was planning to leave.

If they want to be really arsey and take it from the issue date of the MAC that was used, then they still owe me a partial refund at least. The ticket about it still hasn't been responded to so I don't now how they are going to play it.

To be honest, I'm just glad that I am away from Coms now. A total 100% reversal from the service level on all fronts from the old ADSL24 days. Sad. But I am going to make damned sure that I get what money I am owed back. I'll take it all the way to the small claims court if I have to...

Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Thu 05-Jun-14 14:48:48
Print Post

The sooner I get it back and can cancel the DD, the better I'll feel.

So why not cancel the direct debit now? The presence of the direct debit has nothing to do with the refund.

You could have cancelled it immediately so they couldnt have taken the extra payment.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User eancox
(newbie) Thu 05-Jun-14 15:35:55
Print Post

[re: Molehusband] [link to this post]

If the refund not in the bank by tomorrow I have to give them a ring.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Thu 05-Jun-14 15:37:23
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Another method might be to contact your bank and claim return of the payment under the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Standard User eancox
(newbie) Thu 05-Jun-14 15:38:42
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

I cancelled my DD as soon as I rceived the paperwork from BT giving me a date for the transfer.

Edited by eancox (Thu 05-Jun-14 15:39:10)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 05-Jun-14 22:53:24
Print Post

Requesting a MAC does not constitute giving notice, unless that is explicitly stated in the ISP's T & Cs. Even then it would normally be conditional, as it's not certain that the customer will leave. As I think you have demonstrated.

You wouldn't have been very happy if they had cut you off 30 days after the issue of the first MAC.

If they do take it from the issue date of the second MAC that would be normal, not arsey. Some ISPs expect a separate giving of notice. See what I said about the T & Cs.

On their side, I can't remember a single post here where they have not refunded leavers when appropriate. They seem to be very well-behaved about it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to