User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:21:05
Print Post

Vivaciti dropping Daisy.

[link to this post]

I have just received an email informing me that my service provision will change. I have been getting 16.4 mbps constantly from my current supplier, Daisy, but the email has given me a new username and pass in the form of my tel number @ vivaciti.com

Anyone tell me who the new provider will be on 3rd July?

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13914...
Standard User adonis_bimmer
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:25:10
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti dropping Daisy.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I was told last week they were going to issue an email out as I had been getting fulls speeds apart from the last 2-ish weeks, where it's been rubbish, cant even stream/watch anything online and download p2p speeds of less than 10kb/s. They went back up today but too late as I have gone fibre route!

Edited by adonis_bimmer (Tue 24-Jun-14 21:25:56)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:28:38
Print Post

[re: adonis_bimmer] [link to this post]

I have noticed the odd 0.1 mbps drop last two weeks but nothing major. I test every hour 7 days a week on the half hour. No streaming problems, but I am wondering who the new provider will be.

Tim

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:48:46
Print Post

[re: adonis_bimmer] [link to this post]

Linked to the World Cup perhaps?
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Wed 25-Jun-14 14:19:35
Print Post

Six working days is extremely short notice, especially since it can take five working days for a MAC to be generated and then the additional time for another ISP to transfer you in.

What's going to happen after the 3rd to the people that aren't willing to be tied into a new 12-month contract? Will their connections simply be terminated on that date leaving them without connectivity?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Jun-14 15:27:25
Print Post

[re: rhetherington] [link to this post]

No mention of 12 month contract in email, as far as I am concerned I am to remain on a rolling 1 month contract. No reply to Vivaciti ticket on this subject.

Tim
Standard User nickscs
(member) Wed 25-Jun-14 16:20:00
Print Post

I received the same email last week, with new log-in details. So will wait and run a tracert on the 30th to find out.
Standard User martthefart1
(learned) Wed 25-Jun-14 16:41:19
Print Post

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

same here my change over from surfwise is on the 26 of june
Standard User martthefart1
(learned) Wed 25-Jun-14 17:34:20
Print Post

[re: martthefart1] [link to this post]

4. Use of the Service

4.1 The Customer must not use the Service:
? in a way that does not comply with the terms of any legislation or any license applicable to the Customer or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
? in connection with the carrying out of a fraud or criminal offence against Vivaciti Broadband, or any other public telecommunications operator;
? to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of any copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
? to send or procure the sending of any unsolicited advertising or promotional material other than in the case of the Customer to its own customers;
? in a way that does not comply with any instructions Vivaciti Broadband or BT has given; or
? in a way that in Vivaciti Broadband reasonable opinion could materially affect the quality of any service, including the Service, provided by Vivaciti Broadband or BT.
? in a way that in Vivaciti Broadband reasonable opinion could affect the experience of others on the network; More specifically heavy download users affecting the performance of the network, in the case of homeworker ADSL products, may be asked to upgrade their product to business ADSL, or in extreme circumstances Vivaciti Broadband reserve the right to give a Migration Authority Code and ask the customer to leave. A heavy user is defined by Vivaciti Broadband as anyone downloading or uploading more than 125GB per calendar month. This download restriction is for home packages that do not list limits and may be varied. Packages with defined download caps only have a restriction listed by the capped product
JUST READ SECTION 4 TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON UNLITED PACAKGE?
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Wed 25-Jun-14 18:13:07
Print Post

I'm on a FTTC package and the email mentioned a new 12-month contract was required:

Hi,
We are making some small changes to our network over the coming weeks to better improve our service to you, this should have the effect of improving stability and lowering the latency.
The service package will remain unchanged as will the pricing, but due to this change a new 12 month contract will be applied to your account, for those who do not wish to agree to this change and new contract period we will of course release you from any remaining contract period you may still have.

This change is be brought about due to restrictions being applied by the intermediate company we currently use and is not in the best interests of our customers as all our services are sold on an unrestricted un throttled service.

If you are happy to agree to a new 12 month contract period, please come back to us by return so we can send you over the required changes, these will be in the form of a change to your username realm (the @vivaciti.co.uk) and a new IP address, we will need to apply this change on the 3rd July 2014
Of course if you have any further questions, please just let us know.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to